Doyle Elementary Weekly Update
Important Upcoming Dates to Remember
- May 27th-30th- Memorial Day Weekend NO SCHOOL
- June 3rd- End of the Year Celebration (2:15PM)
- June 14th- Last Day of School (Minimum Day- 11:45AM Dismissal)
LCFF Form Collection for 2022-2023 is now open!
This year with the help of all of you, we have reached the amount to qualify for Title One funds for next school year. With the addition of these funds, we are able to have our counselor additional days (4 total days), Arts Education, English Language coordinator and additional supply funds. We need your help to make this happen again.
Each year the district is responsible for collecting information from our students’ families to
support the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) process. The LCFF is hallmark legislation that fundamentally changed how all local educational agencies (LEAs) in the state are funded, how they are measured for results, and the services and supports they receive to allow all students to succeed to their greatest potential.
This year, the California Department of Education is allowing districts to collect information now and it will be applied to the 2022 – 23 school year. We believe that starting now will reduce the burden of collecting information during the busy time of opening school in the fall and will potentially yield more complete information that will increase the amount of funding that schools and the district receive from the state.
To support the state’s process, San Diego Unified utilizes an online system accessed through the Parent Portal in Power School. In the portal, we ask parents and families to complete a very short questionnaire that increases the district’s opportunity to receive funds from the state. The information is only collected for this process and will not be used for any other purpose. By completing the survey, you will not only be supporting the district’s efforts, but increasing the chances of your child’s school receiving more of this valuable funding.
Volunteer with the Doyle PTA!
Doyle PTA partnership with Doyle Park Kidz Kamp
Last Parent Coffee with Principal Lopez
See you there!
Save the Date for June 3rd at 2:15
After you see the incredible work that has been happening, make sure to stay to watch some great International entertainment. There will be food trucks and other fun opportunities for all of our families to enjoy on certain parts of our campus. Please note, families will only be able to access certain areas and the internal part of our campus is still closed. Thank you for your cooperation.
EdUCate!'s Honor a Teacher Program
New Student Enrollment
UTK pre-enrollment is opening Monday, May 2nd. If you have a child who will be 4 by September 1st, they are eligible for UTK. Please apply online using this link to pre-enroll your child. If you have any friends/neighbors who are eligible please let them know it will open on May 2nd.
Our new student enrollment is now open for those entering Kindergarten through 5th grade. This is for families who live in our attendance boundaries that are not currently a student here at Doyle. All enrollment information can be found on our school website under the enrollment tab. New student enrollment is open from April 11th-June 3rd from 8:30am-12:00pm.
- Please send your child with a reusable water bottle to refill at school. Last April, the district has installed refill stations and removed all water fountains. Sending them with a strong reusable water bottle will help them stay hydrated and help the environment. This will also help with the amount of food waste that is happening. Students who take a lunch just for the milk are wasting food and resources. To stop this waste, we ask that you send your child to school with a reusable water bottle.
- Our noon duty has encountered a lot of broken glass containers. Please try to send your child with durable preferably reusable plastic containers. Broken glass is very dangerous and hard to clean out of the students lunchbox.
- Our cafeteria staff would like to remind our parents if your child has any food allergies or is a vegetarian to please contact them. They can be reached at email@example.com
TRAFFIC CIRCLE: Please have your child ready with their belongings on the passenger side of the car. No person should get out of their car on the left/driver side of the car. If you need to get out with your child, park off campus and walk in. Please make sure you are also obeying all street signs. No cars should be parked in the red zone or in the middle of a crosswalk.
TK/KINDERGARTEN AND 1ST GRADE PARENTS: Please make sure to bring your childs sign to indicate who you are picking up. This helps the process move faster and keeps everyone safe. We ask that you do not call a teacher to the gate to tell them who you are looking for. The signs are to keep your family and our school community safe.