Morello Park Elementary
Stacy Joslin, Principal
Thank you Staff, Parents and Students
As we celebrate another successful year at Morello, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for an amazing three years, serving as your Principal. This Morello community is exceptional. The staff, students and families have all worked together to make this school a special place for children.
Over the past three years, we have accomplished, as a staff, student and parent community, many wonderful things that have enhanced our school and made it a safer place for children.
Some of those impactful additions for us ALL to celebrate before we leave for Summer have been:
* Working together on the revision of our School Safety Plans (E.g policy, drills, practice, training, adding communication, collaborating with police and other community stakeholders)
* Adoption of "Character Counts" (E.g lessons, honoring children, living by the “Six Traits,” student led weekly announcements)
* Adoption of our "Eagle Code"
* Revision of school rules, additional celebrations, Music Fridays, drop-off & pick up routines
* Schedules to support maximum instruction times
* Adoption of a new ELA program
* Implementation of a new "Counseling Program" where all children are taught lessons in the classroom to support emotional and social growth
* Addition of student leadership opportunities
* The list goes on…… thanks to our staff and parent community who have worked as a team
These positive additions have truly impacted our learning community. Thank you ALL for allowing me to be a part of the important work to make our school a place where children feel safe, welcomed, cared for and valued.
I am excited to share this amazing learning community with Ami Nichols, our new Principal for Morello. With all of her experience and visible passion for children, I am excited to see Ami lead the next exciting chapter at Morello.
In closing, it has truly been an honor to serve your community as the Principal of Morello. Thank you for your dedication and tireless efforts each day. I also want to extend my deep appreciation to our staff for the extra time, energy and care they willingly give our students each day. They touch our children's lives in a way that is inspiring and encouraging.
Together through the partnership of staff and parents, we have nurtured Morello to be a place where people want to be. Thank you for YOUR part behind the scenes and out in front.
Have a safe and happy Summer!
Thank You Parent Volunteers and PTA
If you are planning to move over the summer or are enrolling your student in another school, please let us know by calling the Morello Office at (925) 335-5840. This helps us prepare and forward your child’s records, enabling his/her smooth transition. Thank you for your help. If you have any questions over the Summer, please call the Martinez Unified School District at (925) 335-5800.
Important Dates to Remember
31: Coffee with the Principal/ Introduction of Mrs. Nichols/ Last Music Friday/ Eagle Party 2nd grade
3: 5th Gr Kickball Tourney begins/ Green Team Party with Principal/ Student Council Meeting
4: Field Day (wear comfortable shoes, clothing, sunblock, bring water)/ Measure R meeting
5: Wacky Wednesday Schedule/ 4th grade Bruch & Kickball/ Shelter in Place/ 2nd gr lunch/ Alhambra Clap Out @ 1:10 pm
6: 5th gr Kickball/ Retirement Clap out @ 8:20am/ 1st Gr Luau/ 5th gr Promotion Practice
7: MINIMUM DAY/ Last Day of School/ Kindergarten @ Highland Park
8:17 Weekly Announcements/ Playground OPENS FOR PARKING
8:30 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony in MU
9:30 5th Grade Clap Out
11:20 Kindergarten Dismissed
12:00 School Closes for Summer
Summer? Keep Those Skills Fresh
Here are some tips to consider this summer:
Make Time For Learning (30- 60 minutes a day!)
* Read, read, read and consider reading under a tree on a warm day
* Ask your children what they read and talk about it together
* Encourage your children to "Stop and Jot" down things that happen in the book to increase comprehension
* Study the sight words, write a letter to someone, keep a journal, draw or play math games
* Consider the learning applications on our website (E.g. IXL, Raz Kids, Starfall, ABCYA, etc)
* Have your children, under your supervision, buy things on your road trip and count the change
* Assign responsibilities to your children (E.g. chores, feed the animal, set the table)
* Model good grammar
* Take your child to the library
* Have your child teach you about recycling since they recycle each day at school
Focus on Health
* Hike outdoors or Swim together (with sun protection of course)
* Make a healthy snack together, create a list of snacks to make (life skills)
* Make a wish board of the things your child would like to do over the summer and include your child in the planning
* Garden together and possibly plant some fruit or vegetables
* Catch up on health appointments
* Emotional health is just as important as physical health. Encourage your child to use the "I Message" when talking about feelings
* Find a location for "Music in the Park" and dance as a family
Whatever you do, we wish you a SAFE, FUN and HAPPY SUMMER!
Thank you Green Team!
Thank you Green Team for all you do each day to support our recycling program here at Morello Park. Thank you Carrie Recob, Erica Thompson, Tina Wong, New Leaf and Jared Ruddell for your adult leadership to make this program successful. We are saving the earth one item at a time.
Thank you Morning Greeters for coming to school early each day to support our school. Your smiles and willingness to greet each person who steps onto the Morello Park campus sets the tone for a great day.
Thank you Creekside Church
On behalf of our school, we would like to express our gratitude for the $2,000 donation Creekside made to our school. Each year the church puts on a Crab Feed to support all of our MUSD schools. We appreciate the donation that will support our school.
Thank you Green Team!
Retiring Teachers We Thank You