Summer Update 6-26-20
Hello Rother Family,
I hope you are all enjoying your summer break! I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.
This past week our Enterprise Elementary School District has posted a video and created a plan for our 2020-2021 school year. I have attached the video and the complete document to our Rother Reader. Below are some key takeaways for us to be mindful of as we begin August 12th. It is important to remember that as new information is provided by health experts the plan could be modified. After reviewing the current plan it is encouraging that as of now students will be returning to our campus. The plan outlines protocols to help keep us all safe while we are together at school.
Things to know
- If a child is feeling ill, we will take their temp.(100 or higher ) parents must pick them up ASAP, so please make sure your child is not running a fever before you drop off.
- A class will be together throughout the day, interaction with other classes will be avoided (classroom, recess, PE, lunch and dismissal.)
- At recess time classes will be staying with their class in a designated playground area and only using equipment from their class.
- Students will be washing their hands each time they enter and exit their classrooms. This will take place a minimum of five times throughout the day (before school, before recess/PE, after recess/PE, before lunch, after lunch and dismissal. Creating efficient routines for accomplishing this with the entire class is essential.
- In order to limit potential exposure to students and staff: visitors will not be allowed on campus beyond the office. This applies to parents, visitors, mentors, volunteers and other supporters of our Rother students. We are in the process of developing student pick up locations that adhere to social distancing requirements and are effective at releasing our students to you in a timely manner.
I realize that some of the new guidelines are different from how we have traditionally done things at Rother, but I am confident we can work together to implement these changes while we work through the pandemic.
Your decisions today define your tomorrow.