MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF December 13 ( Reminders)
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Mask/Illness- Parents, please make sure that your child comes to school with a mask every day. We understand that students can quickly lose their masks, and upon misplacing their masks, Our staff members will provide one; however, students should not leave home to get a ride to school or even get on the bus without their fitted masks. Additionally, if your child displays any signs of illness, please keep them home to be checked out. Parents should not send their children to school if they are feeling unwell.
- Winter Break/December 17- On Friday, December 17, all Cumberland County Schools will operate on a 2 hour Early Release. Parents, please make sure that you make arrangements to receive your children early that day.
- Car Rider-Please be reminded our car riders that all students should be picked up from Montclair no later than 3:30. We understand that things do occur at last-minute notice. Still, arrangements will need to be made before dismissal if you cannot pick up your child at the designated time. All staff members can leave at 3:25, and our school closes at 4:00. So we need each child picked up on time.
- Smart Snack Guidelines: Please be mindful of the CDC Smart Snacks Guidelines when providing snacks to your child's classroom. Smart Snacks in School nutrition standards include fat, sugar, sodium, and calorie content limits.
- K-12 Brainfuse and Canvas Integration-To provide extra help and support to students and families, we want to give every opportunity possible for students to receive additional enrichment. We will now incorporate our county-provided tutoring vendor, Brainfuse, into the Canvas platform to provide students with an easier and more accessible way to use this service.
A Message from Administration
The Administration Team would like to wish our families a safe and Happy Winter Break. Please continue to practice safety guidelines. Thank you for your continued partnership and trust in our staff in providing your students with the best quality education.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Principal Resident-Kacheckia Dewitt/Principal Intern-Geraldine Meadows
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages our students' growth and development.
We are committed to:
The enhancement of positive character traits
Achievement of academic excellence
Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness.