Heritage Elementary Badger Tracks
September 18, 2020
Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
The deadline for parent/teacher conference sign up is Wednesday, Sept. 30. Those families who miss the deadline will be assigned a conference time for their student by their child's teacher. Please contact your child's teacher directly to make any changes or adjustments to the conference schedule. You will not be able to make changes or sign up using the link after September 30. Specialists conference sign up links will be sent out at the end of next week.
Please find your child's grade level conference link below to sign up for a conference time.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Welcome, Ms. Bighia!
- Always wear a helmet
- Look both ways before crossing the street
- Ride your bike down the correct side of the street
- Do not ride your bike in the middle of the street, particularly during high traffic times such as dismissal. This is very dangerous and someone could get hurt!
- Look out for other students who are walking on the sidewalks, etc.
- Always be alert of your surroundings and pay attention to where you are going
Thank you for helping us keep our students and families safe!!
New Directive Health Measure - COVID19
Due to the newest Directive Health Measure, the school district is asking you that if anyone in your household presents with the following COVID-19 Symptoms to please keep all of your children home from school until the household member with the symptoms either has a negative test or an alternate diagnosis. The symptoms include: shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or sudden onset of cough. We thank you for your assistance with this.
As a reminder, if you or anyone in your household had recent (within the last two weeks) close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 and has symptoms of COVID-19 themselves, you are asked to keep your children home from school. You will need to notify the building principal of each child affected. For further guidance on the public health recommendations for the screening, exclusion and re-admittance of ill students and staff due to COVID-19 in schools, please click on the following link, DCHD Recommendations for Screening, Exclusion, and Re Admittance in Schools.
Please call the office at 402-238-2095 and leave a message if your student will be late or will be missing classes for any reason. This includes remote learning students! Students are tardy at 8:20 am. If you are making a change to your student’s dismissal routine, please email your student’s teacher and the office this information. Any emails to a teacher after 11:00 am may not have a chance to be read until after school is out because they are busy educating your children.
PTO News and Updates!
High School Activity Information and Restrictions
The following information was shared to families of high school students, but wanted
our elementary families to be aware of activity/athletic information for the fall.
The following will be required in both Tier II and III.
• Attendance at all activities, for all levels, will be limited to essential personnel and
immediate family members of each participant only. If a venue is not able to hold
essential personnel and immediate family members of each participant, then there
will be no attendance at that activity.
• Face coverings are required for attendees of both indoor and outdoor events. If
outdoors you are able to maintain 6 feet distancing from others while watching a
contest, then a mask will not be required; however, everyone will still need a mask
in order to get into an event and for any movement during the event.
• Immediate Family is defined as parents/guardians and siblings as listed in our
SIMS Student Management System as of 8/17/20.
• Essential personnel - game players, coaches, sponsors, officials, event staff,
medical staff, security, media personnel.
• Any student who attends must be an immediate family member of a participant as
defined in SIMS.
• Families are expected to sit together for the duration of the contest. Seating ‘Pods”
for families will be marked by district personnel prior to all contests.
• Families are encouraged to enter an event as a group whenever possible. Please
wait for your entire family to arrive before entering if you can.
• We will look to live stream as many home varsity contests as possible through our
school’s YouTube channel.
Bus Riders - BPS has a new app for parents to download called Ride360 for all bus riders. This is a fabulous tool to let you know bus stop location/times and it lets you know the exact time your child gets on/off the bus.
Bus Fees - The transportation department will be sending out invoices through My School Bucks in September. You will pay for transportation fees through the website.
Bus Passes - Lost bus passes cost $25 to replace. Please email or call the office to order a replacement bus pass if needed.
Click on the button to order a sack lunch for your student on early dismissal days.
Click on this button to pay for snack milk and add lunch money to your student's account.
Click on this button to access the NebSIS Family Link. This link will take you to the sign in page for student verification.
Click on this button to access the September breakfast/lunch menu.