Easley Weekly Update
Everything You Need to Know For The Coming Week
October 25, 2020
A Note from the principal
Hello Easley families,
I hope everyone had a good weekend and is ready for the week ahead. It was great seeing so many of you at the material pick-up sessions on Friday!
Early Release Day
This Wednesday is an Early Release Day and no instruction will take place after 12:15 PM.
November 3rd Teacher Workday
Please be reminded that next Tuesday, November 3rd (Election Day) is a teacher workday and will be a Remote Learning Day for students.
Coffee with the Counselor
This Friday, October 30th Ms. Layman will be hosting another virtual Coffee with the Counselor. She will be talking about ways to help your child build confidence and cope with failures. Please click here for more information and to RSVP for this event. If you are not able to make it to this event, but would like to talk with Ms. Layman you can use this link to schedule a meeting: https://calendly.com/elizabeth_layman/counselor.
Media Center Updates
Thank you so much for the wonderful response to the parent survey about library book pickup. The winner of the gift card has been contacted. From the feedback, we have made the following adjustments:
- Monday’s pickup will shift slightly to 4:00-6:00. We are making this change because not many people came after 6:00 and we were concerned about it getting dark earlier.
- We are adding a lunch time pickup on Thursdays from 11:45-12:45 in addition to our regular 3:00-5:00 pickup
- We are happy to accommodate parents picking up library books at teacher/Grade level directed events, but we would need to know if you want that option. You can either let your teacher or Ms. Hartley know you want that option and we will make arrangements.
- We are adding a Bloomz option for people who prefer communication that way. The class code is 86SVSG. You will now be contacted via Bloomz or via email if books are ready for your child.
- You can read about everything on the media website: http://easleymedia.weebly.com/distance-learning-physical-books.html
In other library news, a large amount of ebooks have just been added to Destiny. Have your child login to Destiny from their NCEdCloud portal to access.
Directions on how to access: https://youtu.be/x46eEO1Uruw
Lanschool Classroom Management Software
LanSchool is a classroom management software we are using that is focused on virtual school environments. The software enables teachers to monitor students’ screens while in class, limit the websites students may visit, “push” a website to open on all classroom devices, and message the class. You can view the Parent Letter for more information.
The District is hosting a series of family academy events with helpful topics such as getting familiar with your digital tools, learning about the new reading curriculum, and positive behavior supports just to name a few.
How Can We Help You?
Do you have a question, comment, concern, and aren’t sure who to ask? Please use this form to communicate your needs and we will get back to you ASAP. Front office staff will be monitoring this form throughout the day and will direct your questions to the right individual. Of course you can always reach out to Mr. Bugajski or myself as we are here to support you and our students.
Monday, October 26
- Library Curbside Pick-up - 4:00-6:00 PM
- 2nd Grade Specials "Grab Bag" Session at 1:30 PM - Optional Zoom session with all the specials teachers.
Tuesday, October 27
- 3rd Grade Specials "Grab Bag" Session at 1:30 PM - Optional Zoom session with all the specials teachers.
Wednesday, October 28
- Early Release Day
- Wellness Wednesday
Thursday, October 29
- Library Curbside Pick-up - 11:45-12:45 and 3:00-5:00 PM
Friday, October 30
- First Grade Material Pick-up 1-3 PM
- Fourth Grade Material Pick-up - Please don't forget to sign-up for a parent teacher conference.