Mrs. Culligan's Second Grade Class
Week of Sept. 16th, 2013
Skills and Activities for the week.....
- Writing-personal narratives....using drawings to get ideas to write about misadventures and happy moments.
- Grammar-Writing complete sentences-subject/predicate and using a capital letter to start the sentence and punctuation at the end.
- Shared Reading-Fiction-Arthur's Reading Race-Who? Where? When? What?
- Fluency Practice-rereading with a partner-leveled paperback books
- Science-Life Cycles
- Computers-No computer class because of the early release. :(
- Math-missing partners and totals, odd/even numbers, counting by 1, 2 and 10
- Daily 5-practice making choices and building stamina
- Spelling-sight words and short vowel a and i words
READ 20 minutes each night!
Monday-reread Arthur's Race in Storytown and practice missed spelling words on your preview list.
Tuesday-Choice read and go on Xtra math and practice.
Wednesday-Choice read and practice missed spelling words.
Thursday-Choice read and do math sheet.
Friday-Reread fluency book and practice math facts..try using xtra math.
Please buy your child a hand held sharpener for class. Our electric sharpener is falling apart. I am looking for a replacement.