For New Child Nutrition Directors
Spring Report: CEP
A Publication of ESC Region 11 Child Nutrition
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) provides free meals to schools in high-poverty areas.
- Schools that adopt CEP are reimbursed using a formula based on the percentage of students categorically eligible for free meals.
- The report shares important data with TDA and USDA.
- It is required for all schools, regardless of whether you are on CEP.
- The report shows which sites are eligible to participate in CEP.
- CEs may group sites together to maximize site eligibility and reimbursement.
- DUE MARCH 20
HOW DO I COMPLETE THE CEP REPORT?
Whoa, slow down. That's great news, but there are many things to consider before deciding to implement CEP. First, you need to determine how this program will impact your district:
- Public Perception
- School's enrollment software and current registration process
ORGANIZATION...IS THIS YOU?
How do you turn that into this?
TIPS FOR STAYING ORGANIZED:
- Know the rules. A good rule of thumb is that all paperwork must be kept for five years.
- Your organization system can be electronic or paper.
- Keep paperwork together by school year. Box away the year when a new year starts.
- Have a filing system, and make sure everyone follows the same system.
- If you save electronic files by school year, know that you also may need subcategories by vendor, by topic, etc.
- Have a labeling system in place for the boxes to quickly know what is in the box.
- Carry this organization out to your school sites as well. Have a box system in place for your staff to box away a school year at a time.
- Visual markers, such as colored tabs, can save you time when browsing for documents. You can use different-colored folders for various types and subtypes of documents. Some folders include label tabs in multiple colors. You can create a color-coded key to keep track of the document categories with either of these options.
- Binders are great for organizing menus, CN labels, and Smart Snack calculators by school year.
- Never underestimate the power of a great paper shredder.
Is your delivery truck bringing your bread? If you have supply chain issues, you will no longer need to fill out a waiver or form if you have done so previously. Keep all documentation, and if you need a new source, fill out the emergency procurement request.
This newsletter is funded by the USDA/TDA. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.