The Austin Buzz November 2022
Mary B. Austin Elementary
The Principal Buzz, by Melissa Whigham
1st 10:45-11:15 Mrs. Beck
1st 10:50-11:20 Mrs. McGuff
1st 10:55-11:25 Mrs. Trotter
1st 11:00-11:30 Mrs. Young
2nd 11:25-11:55 Mrs. Golden
2nd 11:30-12:00 Mrs. Jackson
2nd 11:35-12:05 Mrs. Rose
2nd 11:40-12:10 Mrs. Habel
K 12:15-12:45 Mrs. Milford
K 12:20-12:50 Mrs. McDonough
K 12:25-12:55 Mrs. Curtis
K 12: 30-1:00 Mrs. Browning
- House Systems: We will have our Treehouse Meetings with our groups on November 4th at 2:05 p.m. for a team-building activity, interviewing each other, and participating in a community service project. Students are allowed to wear their Treehouse shirts on Friday. Also, please refrain from early dismissals during this time if possible.
- Carpool Reminders: Please make sure your carpool tag is displayed daily. Also, during school events or during carpooling, please do not block residents' driveways.
- Walkers: Just a reminder that if your child is a walker, they are not to walk to/from a car parked along the sidewalk or side street. All students that are signed up as a walker should live within walking distance of our school (a 2-mile radius).
- Snacks: Gatorades are sold Monday-Friday for $1.00 during PE and Ice Cream on Fridays for $1.00.
- Uniform Policy: Just a reminder that all outwear must be solid red, navy, or white (MBA Logos allowed only) Hoods are not allowed in the building.
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
MBA House System Updates
All house shirts have been handed out. Your child can wear their house shirts on Fridays. We definitely want to see them for the first House Meeting on November 4th!
- November 4th - House Meeting
- November 8th - Spelling Bee
- November 10th - Thanksgiving Lunch
- November 11th - Veteran's Day No School
- November 17th - Holiday Pictures
- November 17th- Progress Report Sent Home
- November 21st - 25th - Thanksgiving Break
PTA Store Open
The 100 Black Men of Greater Mobile are seeking 5th grade students who are interested in participating in the Saturday Academy Mentoring Program. Empowering youth in the community through impactful mentoring programs is one of the four pillars of focus for the 100 Black Men of Greater Mobile. Saturday Academy is a signature mentoring program of the 100 Black Men where mentors and facilitators interact with youth. Saturday Academy is an opportunity for youth to participate in informative and engaging discussions on timely topics to improve their leadership skills, academic and social skills, and their overall well-being. These interactive coaching sessions are designed to equip youth with the tools necessary to effectively perform and compete in our ever-changing technological and global society.
- There is NO PARTICIPATION FEE for Saturday Academy!
- Parents/Guardians are asked to provide transportation for participating students.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to escort the students into the sessions and come inside to pick them up.
- Parents/Guardians are required to attend the Orientation Meeting with the student.
Sessions for the 2022-2023 school year will begin on Saturday, November 5, 2022, at the Mobile Public Library (701 Government Street).