Human Resources Newsletter, March Edition 2020
Help Us Spread The Word
Upcoming Teacher Recruitment Fairs:
- Metro RESA Job Fair, Saturday, February 29, 2020 from 10:00-2:00 in Atlanta
- BCSD Annual Teacher Recruitment Fair, Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 9:00-12:00 @ Rutland HS
For questions, contact Melanique Floyd at mailto:Melanique.Floyd@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8586
Follow Our VIP Recruitment Team!
FY21 Employment Contracts
Spreadsheets to request Part-time Employment Contracts will be distributed April 6, 2020 and will be due April 10th.
For questions, contact Lewanna Stubbs @ mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 478.765.8538
Lateral System Transfers
Principals: It is your responsibility to reach out to the employee's current supervisor and make them aware that you wish to recommend the employee for transfer before offering the position.
*Lateral Transfer Announcement is attached below.
End of Year Supplements
For questions, contact April Thomas at mailto:April.Thomas@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8567
FY20 Annual Evaluations
Classified Employee - Annual Evaluation Due Dates:
- School-Based Classified Employees - April 27, 2020
- 239- Day Classified Employees - June 30, 2020
You must upload each employee's evaluation in his or her PowerSchool Records folder. The Classified Evaluation form and instructions for uploading documents are located in SharePoint and are attached below.
For questions, contact Lewanna Stubbs at mailto:Lewanna.Stubbs@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8538
- TKES - Feb 28, 4th Walkthrough
- TKES - March 27, 2nd Formative Evaluation
- TKES - April 24, Summative Assessment & Component Rating
- TKES - April 24, End of Year PSC Requirements & PSC PL Goals/Plans Reflection
- TKES - May 8, Summative Conference
- LKES - May 4, Summative Assessment & Component Rating
- LKES - May 4, End of Year PSC Requirements & PSC PL Goals/Plans Reflection
- LKES - May 11, Summative Conference
HR runs TKES/LKES implementation reports the day before each VIP meeting. The goal is to have 100% completion on all steps. You can find a complete list of evaluation guidelines on the HR Webpage under Forms & Documents. (see link below to view evaluation guidelines)
For questions, contact Connie Chin at mailto:KangYi.Chin@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8679
FY21 Employee Workday Calendars
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Working in today's fast-paced and ever changing society can be challenging and overwhelming. As a benefit to all BCSD employees, the District provides counseling services through the Employee Assistance Program. These services are free of charge. EAP is a work-based intervention program designed to assist employees in resolving personal and/or work related issues that may be adversely affecting the employee's performance. A broad range of services are provided:
- Certified Employee Assistance Professionals
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Substance Abuse Professionals
- DUI Clinical Evaluators
- Certified Anger Management Facilitators
- Career Counseling and Testing Professionals
Southern Behavioral Services is the provider for the BCSD Employee Assistance Program. This program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Services are confidential and also available to the employee's dependents. Employees can reach out to Southern Behavioral on their on, or be referred by a supervisor.
Southern Behavioral Services Contact Information:
Macon Office: (478) 742-1464 or toll free (800) 533-1797
Warner Robins Office: 478-742-1464 or toll free (800) 533-1797
HR Chat & Chew
You will receive a brief survey prior to each session which will allow you to give us topics of interest in advance. Our final Chat & Chew will be April 30th at 4:00 at Central Office. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Planning to Retire in 2020?
If you are planning to retire in 2020, please contact Regina Stokes, Retirement Administrator, at mailto:Regina.Stokes@bcsdk12.net or 478.765.8563 to schedule a retirement meeting. You must also submit a Resignation/Retirement Form in PowerSchool. (See link below for instructions on submitting the Resignation/Retirement form)
Employees who are members of the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (TRS) should utilize the website at http://www.trsga.com or call 1-800-352-0650 to request an Estimate of Benefits with their anticipated retirement date. Please be advised that due to the large volume of retirements at the end of each school year, the deadlines for summer retirements with TRS are:
- June Retirement: March 31
- July Retirement: April 30
- August Retirement: May 31
*TRS recommends submitting your application as early as six (6) months, no later than two (2) months, prior to your date of retirement to avoid any delays of monthly retirement checks and possible interruption of health coverage.
Employees who are members of Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS) are encouraged to apply for retirement as early as three (3) months prior to their retirement date to avoid any delays of monthly retirement checks and possible interruption of health coverage. PSERS employees should call 1.800.805.4609 or visit http://www.ers.ga.gov to request an Estimate of Benefits with their anticipated retirement date.
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Employees who refer a "Teacher" candidate will receive a $1000 Referral Bonus if that candidate is hired and works in the district for a full year. Reach out to friends and family interested in teaching and tell them about the great things happening in Bibb! Please see the attached flyer for guidelines.
- Feb 27 - Chat & Chew
- Feb 28 - TKES - Observation 4th Walkthrough
- Feb 29 - Metro Resa Job Fair in ATL
- March 5-26 - CPI - Cycle 2 FY20
- March 7 - Annual BCSD Teacher Fair @ Rutland HS
- March 19 - Board Meeting (Recommending Teachers)
- March 20 - Contract Distribution
- April 15 - Deadline for Lateral System Transfers
- April 15 - End of Year Supplements due
- April 27 - School-Based Classified Evaluations Due
- April 30 - Chat & Chew
- June 30 - 239- Day Classified Evaluations Due
BCSD Human Resources
Dr. Mack Bullard, Assistant Superintendent
Each student will demonstrate strength of character and will be college or career ready.
The Bibb County School District develops a highly trained staff and an engaged community dedicated to educating each student for a 21st century global society.