King Philip Middle School Newsletter
June 7, 2020
Student Materials Pick-up & Drop-Off
Our curbside material pick-up and drop-off for students is this week. Times are assigned by teams in order to minimize wait time and to allow the opportunity for students to see their team teachers one more time (from a distance) before summer.
Please read the instructions before coming to the school: Instructions for the Materials Pick-up and Drop-off.
Monday, June 8
- 9 AM - 12 PM: Green 7 Team
- 12 PM - 3 PM: White 7 Team
Tuesday, June 9
- 9 AM - 12 PM: Yellow 7 Team
- 12 PM - 3 PM: Green 8 Team
Wednesday June 10
- 9 AM - 12 PM: White 8 (Moose) Team
- 12 PM - 3 PM: Yellow 8 Team
Friday, June 12
- 11 AM - 2 PM: Alternative Time (for any student)
If you are the parent/guardian of siblings, you do not have to come to multiple assigned sessions. You may select one session and pick up materials for all of your children at that time.
From the Yearbook Advisor, Ms. Russell:
Yearbooks will not be delivered to the school until the end of June. As soon as they arrive, we will share information on yearbook distribution.
If you would like to check if you have ordered a yearbook for your child, please use the following link: Did I Order a Yearbook Yet for My Child? (https://bit.ly/KPMSyearbook) You will need to type in YOUR CHILD'S KP EMAIL ADDRESS to find out whether you have already purchased a yearbook.
Please contact Ms. Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
End of Year Car Parade/Drive Thru Celebration
We will be having an End of Year Car Parade/Drive Thru Celebration at the middle school on our last day of school, Thursday, June 18, from 10-11 AM. Eighth grade families are encouraged to decorate their cars for the event. All families are invited to participate.
(If there is rain in the forecast, the rain date will be the day before - Wed, June 17, from 10-11 AM.)
- Parents will start on Union St, head west on King Street, enter the parking lot through the bus loop, and exit where the buses exit (take a right).
- School staff will be standing on the sidewalk of the bus loop, which should be enough room to practice social distancing.
Follow this link for a map. We look forward to seeing you there!
Information for 8th Graders
8th Grade Team Ceremonies - Thursday, June 11
Join us as we celebrate our 8th graders! Ceremonies will be held by team, using a Zoom webinar format on Thursday, June 11. Please register in advance in order to attend the ceremony. You do not need a Zoom account in order to attend - you will be able to join through a browser from any desktop, laptop or mobile device. We can have up to 1000 attendees at each event.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar/ceremony on Thursday. Please make sure to join the webinar/ceremony 5-10 minutes before the start time.
Below are the registration links for each of the ceremonies.
White 8 (Moose) - 10:00 AM
Yellow 8 - 12:00 PM
Green 8 - 2:00 PM
Information for 7th Graders
Summer Assignments for English Language Arts & Mathematics
Below are links to the summer assignments in ELA and Mathematics for incoming 8th graders. For the full listing of KPMS summer assignments, follow this link.
English Language Arts: Summer Reading
Summer Math Assignments:
KPMS Virtual Art Show
Please view some of the amazing artwork created by our KPMS students through online learning by following this link: https://padlet.com/barretta17/wk92tooy41rtuiye.
Thank you to Ms. Barrett for putting together this wonderful display of our students' work!
For Families who Qualify for Free or Reduced-Price Lunch
Help with P-EBT Card Use
A message from MA Department of Education:
Families whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch started to receive P-EBT cards in the mail on Friday, May 29, and many are having trouble activating their card. Below is some helpful information from the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA):
How to Activate (PIN) a P-EBT Card
You will need the letter DTA sent you in the mail to activate the card.
The Massachusetts EBT vendor was not able to change the automated prompts you hear when you call to PIN a card, and unfortunately, some of the automated instructions are inaccurate for P-EBT cards. Instead, please follow the steps below:
- Call the EBT card phone number on the back of your P-EBT card: 800-997-2555.
- Enter your P-EBT card number (it is an 18-digit number).
- You will then be prompted incorrectly to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number. Do not enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. For the P-EBT cards, you must enter the last four digits of your child's case number that was provided on the DTA letter you received in the mail.
- Then enter your child's date of birth using a two-digit month, two-digit day, and four-digit year (example: 04/06/2005).
For more information, visit: map-ebt.org. Questions? Call Project Bread's FoodSource Hotline at 800-645-8333.
You can also call the Department of Transitional assistance at 877-382-2363 and press 6.