BISD student directions for setting up a blog!
Blogger is Linked to Google!
First things first.
Log into your BISD Google account. See graphic below for the username and password convention.
Read through these directions and then follow them carefully.
Quick Start Directions:
- Search for "blogger.com."
- It will take you to a colorful site and you will choose CREATE A BLOG.
- It will probably ask you to re-enter your district Google password. Do that.
- Then it will ask you for a DISPLAY NAME. This is what will show when you respond to other blogs, so it should be your first and last name (or last initial). Click on CONTINUE TO BLOGGER when you finish this step.
- Next, you will see a new screen and you will click on NEW BLOG on the left.
- It will then give you a choice between a Google+ Profile or a Blogger profile. Choose the Blogger Profile. (Create a limited Blogger profile.)
- The next screen will have title, address, template, and CREATE BLOG! Make school-appropriate choices for the title and address. It may take a few different tries on the address to get one that isn't already taken.
- The next pop up will be "domain name" and you should click on NO THANKS.
- Click on the NEW POST on the top left and start writing your entries!
- You can play with how it all looks later, but it is a good idea to get a post in there first.
Step 1: Create Blog
Once you get to blogger.com, click on CREATE YOUR BLOG.
Step 2: Type your display name.
Step 3: Click on NEW BLOG.
Step 4: Click on BLOGGER PROFILE.
Step 5: Choosing a blog TITLE, ADDRESS, and TEMPLATE.
Step 6: Domain Name?
It only takes a few steps to get you up and blogging! Watch it here in this example.
Posting Tips and Pointers!
Post Title and the Post
To PUBLISH or SAVE
Google Basics Background Information
Quick How-To Video About Sharing Blog with Your Teacher
Selecting a FEATURED POST in your blog
Directions to Set up a FEATURED POST in blogger.
2. Click on LAYOUT.
3. Then, click on ADD A GADGET in the gray template that appears. It is a good idea to add this in the CROSS HEADER section so that it appears high in the blog.
4. A new box will open that has lots of gadget options. Click on the FEATURED POST option that is close to the top.
5. A new selection box will open and you should see all of your post titles on the bottom left. Click on the one that you want to spotlight, choose, or feature.
6. Then, click on the orange SAVE.
7. Go up to the VIEW BLOG button at the top and click on it to see how the featured post looks in your actual blog.