Cedar Cross Cooperative Preschool
2021 Fall Registration
Registration is Open to all!
Thank you for your interest in Cedar Cross Cooperative Preschool!
We look forward to getting to see some familiar faces we have not seen in some time, as well as getting to meet some new friends! At CCCP, we enjoy getting to know our students, and their families. With Cooperative Preschool we believe the best approach to Early Learning is through play, and strong connections between school and family. It is a priority for us to get to know not just our students, but their families as well. Parents, Guardians, or Significant Adults work in their child’s classroom on a rotational basis, helping our Teachers facilitate activities in the classroom. We ENCOURAGE you to get down and play with the students, get creative, occasionally get messy, and to have fun!
It has been an extremely challenging year for us all in many ways. We have all had to make significant shifts in daily routines and life for the safety of our families, loved ones, and strangers. At times it has been really rough, but together with proper protocols we will make it through.
At Cedar Cross we have had to pivot and change our game plans numerous times! It has not been easy, but with the AMAZING teachers we have been able to make magic happen for our students. For our reopening in Fall we had to meet CDC and Snohomish Health District Standards, as well as additional standards required by the United Methodist Conference and Bishop. With several new protocols in place we have been able to keep all staff, students, and families safe, and Covid free!
We look forward to meeting you all! If you have any questions about our school, curriculum, safety protocols, or would like to schedule a tour please reach out!
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe!
Director of Children’s Ministries
Cedar Cross United Methodist Church
Registration for Alumni and Returning Families goes LIVE February 22nd, 2021 at 9am. Please click here If you are unable to access your account please email Katie Rugg firstname.lastname@example.org for account access
If you are a returning or alumni family here are changes you can expect:
- Curbside pick up and drop off of students - To limit the number of people in the building, and in close contact families no longer line up in the hallways before or after class. Students are met at the front door. We go through our Covid procedures, sign students in, and only students and working parents go past the front doors. This policy has not only protected students, staff, and families from close contact in the halls, but has also significantly decreased student anxiety. We have not had any tears at drop off, or long and extended goodbyes that cause students significant anxiety. At pick up we walk students to the doors, and sign them out with their parents/guardians/significant adults.
- Students bring their own snack of choice each day.
- We are no longer offering sibling co-op.
- Class Dojo - Online platform that can help with home to school connections, class reminders, and picture sharing.
- Parent Jobs - There are no longer 3 different working parent jobs, and different responsibilities for each job. There are 2 working parents per class. Their Job: Help facilitate play, creative thinking, working together with their child's teacher to create a safe and fun learning experience for all students, and cleaning classrooms during transition. Parents sign up online for working shifts.
- No Parent Committee's - Working in class, and being involved in your child's learning is the most important role you will take. We always welcome parents who want to help more, but we want all energy and focus to be on the children, and creating a wonderful experience for all.