Monday Memo, January 18, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, January 18th to Friday, January 22nd
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
NEWS, Notes and Reminders
- This is a great time to connect with the families to share good news, as well as concerns you may have regarding a students progress at this point in the school year. This is very important for Kindergarten students, and particularly for any student you may be considering for retention.
- I've noticed many children (Kindergarten) leaving the building at the end of the day without properly putting on coats, hats, gloves, etc. Please allow enough time at dismissal for students to get all cold weather clothing on and take few minutes to help students who may need help. Children don't often think it necessary to zip up or aren't able to. The reminders and assistance we give will be a big help. Thanks!
- The new TylerMunis time system seems to be working well. Thanks to all ESP staff for learning the new system. Remember if you need help Nancy is your go-to person.
Tuesday, January 19th
- Professional Learning Day- Professional development will be held in the cafeteria today beginning at 8:30. This meeting will also take the place of the staff meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 26th. Please plan on two hours for this meeting. You will find the agenda for the morning here: https://drive.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/file/d/0B1SFYQNevwIGSDNmYVl2aXpLams/view?usp=sharing
Wednesday, January 20th
- Welcome back to our students!
- Tammy Fotchman and Arlene Reece-Toussaint at Funkstown
- IEP Meetings today beginning at 8:15 AM in Learning Cottage 3. You will find the schedule for todays meetings here: https://drive.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/file/d/0B1SFYQNevwIGSUVubnBraFVOTjA/view?usp=sharing
Thursday, January 21st
- Wednesday, Jan. 27th - IEP meetings, LC3
- Wednesday, Feb. 3rd - IEP meetings, LC3
- Friday, Feb. 5th, Early Learning Assessment training for Sp. Ed. staff and Devon
- Friday, Feb. 12th, Valentines Day parties
- Monday, Feb. 15th, President's Day, school/CES closed
- Thursday, Feb. 18th, PreK KinderKonzert
- Read Across American Week/Dr. Seuss' Birthday, March 2nd.