Mosaica Online Happenings
March 4-8 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday, March 4th: CA work from home day for students at Center
- Tuesday, March 5th: Staff Meeting @ 7pm Eastern
- March 25-29th: Spring Break AZ & CA
- April 1-5th: Spring Break CO
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Staff Spotlight- Wendee Kennedy
Wendee was born and raised in in Brunswick, Georgia where she and her husband (Dewayne) are now raising a family of their own. She is the proud mommy of Jack Darrin 5, Isabelle 4, and Gracee 3. Faith, family, and friends are what make her life worth while. Wendee has been a teacher for over 10 years, most of which have been in a kindergarten classroom. She has a heart for the "little ones" and loves the adventure and challenge of reaching and meeting the needs of young students online.
Thank you Wendee for being on our team:)
*Please keep Elaine Gaughf-Smith in your thoughts-She is currently undergoing chemotherapy - you can do it Elaine!
*As always, please keep Barbara Noel-Williams in your thoughts- she is a WARRIOR in her fight against cancer!!!!
Let me know of any concerns or celebrations within our Mercury family!
Grades 3-5 are currently reading The Emperor's New Clothes, by Hans Christian Andersen
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
Tip #7 Are we communicating?
· Make sure you understand what the question is asking.
· Be sure you are responding to the question that is being asked.
Let's Continue Our Discussion on Love and Logic®....
"Love and Logic teachers have been known to say, "The good news is that I like the students the same, regardless of the grades they decide to earn."
Love and Logic ® Teacher-isms by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
What Is Going On In Other Mercury Locations?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
Welcome to the American School Foundation in Mexico City!
We have the privilege of working with a few students this semester in some of our high school courses. Teachers of ASF students, be sure to save a copy of their calendar!
You will receive updates here that will pertain to our students in any of these locations!
- be sure to consult the various calendars in D2L for these locations
Teachers PLEASE be sure you are keeping your D2L grade book updated. Whenever a program needs grades for a progress report, we export the D2L grade book current average. Thank you!
- March 18 - Mexican holiday
- March 23-April 7 - Spring Vacation
- March 18 - Mexican holiday
- March 25-April 1 - Spring Vacation
- April 1-5 - Spring Break
- March 27-March 29 - Easter Holiday
1. no knowledge
2. a vague sense of the meaning
3. narrow knowledge with aid of context
4. good knowledge but shaky recall
5. rich, decontextualized knowledge, connected to other word meanings
Please copy and paste the link below to view a short review on word acquisition.
Colorado Department of Education PLC Byte:
Vocabulary: a quick review https://voicethread.com/#q.b3363061.i0.k0
- March 5th: 4th and 7th grade Writing Test
- March 5th: PFT testing for 7th graders
- March 6th: Make-up day
- March 12-13th: CAHSEE for eligible high school students
- Monday March 4th-Friday March 15th: Testing at all grade levels 3-10