CHES SPED iPad App Challenge - December 2014
Learn, Create & Share
- Click for a How-To Guide
- Click for ideas on how to use ChatterPix on Pinterest
- I recently used ChatterPix with Kindergarteners. Each student got to choose a letter of the alphabet. I placed pictures on the table and they had to choose the picture that started with that letter. Using Chatterpix, they snapped a photo of their picture, drew a mouth and recorded, "A if for Apple" or "B is for Bear". Each student had a different letter. They then added the letter they were assigned plus their name using the text feature. Finally, they got to have fun and add decorations. The finished product was saved to the camera roll. I then grabbed each ChatterPix creation and smashed them together using Animoto to create a class ABC Video they can watch over and over and share with their families.
- I'd love to brainstorm how you can use ChatterPix with your students. Contact me and I'll be glad to help! My calendar is below.
- Explore Chatterpix and the resources on this page.
- Determine a plan for using Chatterpix with your students.
- Implement that plan in your classroom and submit your reflection. The link to the reflection is below.
To Register for Challenge - 15 PD Points
- Visit the HCPS Professional Development Registration Site
- Log in and then click start
- Click on "add course" at the top
- Scroll down to "ongoing development opportunities"
- Sort the audience to "CHES"
- Click "show audience sort"
- Click on iPad Appspiration
- Click add course
- You're done!
Reminder: App Request Process
Step 1: Check the 'HCPS ITRT App List' on Blackboard>How To Tech to see if your app has already been approved. Here is the link as well.
- If your app is listed: Contact your ITRT let them know the app is approved, and ask them to load it to the iPad(s).
- If your app is not listed: Go to Step 2.
Step 2: Complete the 'iDevice App Request/Evaluation/Approval Form' (Link on Blackboard>How To Tech). Here is the link as well.
Step 3: Your ITRT will contact you to follow up on the status of your request.
- Use Dropbox to get files to and from the device and to solve all of our modern workflow problems.
- Here's a How To Guide
- More Dropbox Help
- SPED Dropbox Account: www.dropbox.com
- Username = email@example.com
- Password = ches6740 (Don't share with students.)
October's Challenge: (If you haven't done this, there's still time to do it!)
- Option 1: Find at least one picture that represents content you're teaching. Upload them to the SPED Team Dropbox Account. Have your students access Dropbox and save them to the camera roll to use in an assignment. Students can use apps like Educreations, Doodle Buddy or PicCollage.
- Option 2: Have your students create some type of product using an app like Doodle Buddy or PicCollage. Instruct students to save that product to the camera roll. Ask students to access Dropbox and upload that project allowing all students to see everyone's work. As a teacher, assess student work by accessing Dropbox on the iPad or on a regular computer.
- Option 3: Create a folder for SPED teachers to be used just like the teacher shared drive. Add pictures and documents that you can share between your team. Make sure they aren't sensitive documents.
- Option 4: Can you think of another way to use Dropbox? Run it by Stacie and let her know.
- Sign up with your ITRT to see a lesson modeled using Dropbox if needed.
- Submit the App Review by clicking the link below.