QSI Skopje: The Scoop
August 27, 2021
Mark Your Calendars
- 1st: Community Chat and New Family Orientation 5:00 (new families) and 5:30 (returning families) at QSI
- 6th: After School Activities (ASA's) Begin for 5YOC-11YOC 2:30-3:15
- 6th: Middle School/Secondary Clubs and Activities Begin (12YOC-Secondary 4) 3:15-4:15
- 8th: Macedonian Independence Day - No School
- 13th-30th: NWEA MAP Testing (Reading, Language Usage, Math)
The First Full Week is in the Books!
Dear QSI Skopje Community,
We had a wonderful first full week at QSI Skopje! Students quickly adjusted to being back at school while diving into learning in each class. While visiting classes this week, I enjoyed watching students light up with excitement as they embraced each new learning experience and growth opportunity. New students adjusted well to our school community and are already thriving!
Please read all of the information provided in The Scoop. There are a lot of reminders and new information to help you stay informed. I want to hear from our community, so please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns, or positive feedback. Your voice is important!
WhatsApp and Viber: 071310100
IMPORTANT: Student Health/Contact Information/Image Sharing Permission
In addition to the health and contact information, we need to receive permission from every parent about the use of photos on our school media sites. The school believes in the frequent representation of student learning, school events, academic and extracurricular successes, and celebrations. The school publishes photos in newsletters, blogs, Facebook, and other social media platforms (official school pages/accounts ONLY), school marketing publications (including school video and information packet), as well as the official school website. No name, address, or other information will be posted or shared regarding any person.
Due to privacy laws, we are unable to post pictures in the newsletter, Facebook, and Instagram until we have signed consent to use your child's photos. Please take a minute and complete this form so we can begin showing all of the amazing things happening at QSI Skopje throughout newsletter and social media sites!
The Hot Lunch Program Returns for 2021-22
Lunches STARTING Monday, August 30th
- Registration open from Friday, August 27th through Saturday, August 28th at 2:00 PM
Students can join the lunch program for the term at a prorated fee for late registration at any time.
Please contact Zaha at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Lunches cannot be purchased per day. Registering using this link automatically enrolls you in the lunch program for Term 1, and you will be invoiced for the entire term (prorated fee for late registrations). If you choose to pay the full year in advance, you will receive a 10% discount if paid by September 16th. Please see the lunch services information below for pricing.
Policy for Bringing Food to Share
In order for us to move forward with birthday celebrations safely, there are some specific guidelines for bringing birthday treats/food to share to school:
1. Food should be individually wrapped and purchased from a store, restaurant, or bakery.
2. Please do not send any food prepared in a home kitchen.
3. Individually wrapped foods/treats purchased from a store should be sent in 48 hours before the celebration to allow time to sit untouched. (Not including bakery/restaurant items.)
4. Birthday cakes that need to be cut and served are not allowed. Please send individual treats such as cupcakes, small individual desserts, muffins, etc. that are purchased from a store, bakery, or restaurant. These items can be delivered on the day of the celebration.
This policy should be followed anytime food is brought to school to be shared with classmates (birthdays, class celebrations, class projects, etc.).
Reminders for Arrival and Dismissal
Thank you for helping with the flow of students entering and exiting by following the arrival and dismissal procedures.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program for 10YOC-Secondary Students
Please Note: We are not asking parents to buy a device for their child. If your child does not have a device, they may check one out as needed.
If you did not read the special edition newsletter about BYOD, please review it by clicking HERE.
Please be sure to sign and return the Acceptable Use Policy that was sent home with your child as soon as possible. A copy is attached below if you need it.
Supervision After School Hours
Supervision is a priority in keeping our students safe. Teachers are unable to supervise students during this time because they are teaching or prepping for their classes. Thank you for your support!
Community Chat with the Director
- receive updates about what is happening at the school.
- ask questions about our school program and get clarification/answers from the Director.
- learn about how we are keeping QSI Skopje safe. #ForwardTogether
- connect with others in the QSI Skopje community.
The event will begin at 5:00 for NEW parents to QSI. Heather will spend 30 minutes helping new parents understand a little bit more about our school and program.
Returning parents will join us at 5:30 for a meeting for all parents.
In order to plan a safe meeting space, please RSVP using the link below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We must follow all government regulations when holding an event. ALL parents who attend the event on campus must be vaccinated and provide their vaccination records at the gate. The meeting will be streamed on Zoom for parents who are unable to attend on campus.
Community Chat RSVP
Joining the Community Chat on Zoom?
Saturday Soccer School at QSI Skopje
Saturday Soccer School is back! We are opening up the twice-monthly soccer school at QSI on Saturday mornings starting Saturday, September 4th for students in 7YOC (1st grade) to 9YOC (4th grade). The school is run by QSI parent and soccer coach Philip Evans.
Please complete the form using the link below if you would like to attend.
Stay Informed with Updates and Information from QSI Skopje
1. The WhatsApp and Viber groups will have the same information, so you do not need to join both.
2. The group is designed to be used as a one-way communication tool. Only QSI admin can send messages in the group. This will prevent people from receiving too many messages in their chats. Please email or message Heather if you have questions or need clarification about any information shared in the group.
3. Updates, reminders, important information, and the weekly parent newsletter (The Scoop) will be sent in both groups to keep all parents informed.
Please click the link below to join the new QSI Skope Parent Group.