MUSKEGON COUNTY GSC UPDATE
Notes, Slides, Shared Documents from 9-13-2022 Meeting
SEPTEMBER GSC MEETING NOTES
Michigan League for Public Policy - Jayme Vosovic, email@example.com, 616-745-355 will present immediately at Noon while we eat 20 minutes
Business - access presentation at https://bit.ly/9-2022GSCMeetingslides
Explorers Learning Center (Roosevelt Park), 231-747-7175
Y Learning Center (Muskegon), 231-375-2126
Muskegon Heights Early Childhood Center, 231-830-3252
Muskegon Public Schools, 231-720-2560
Montague, Holton, Whitehall & Reeths Puffer, 231-893-1091
Buttons and Bows Preschool (Whitehall), 231-766-1576
GSRP Supplementary Curriculum
FY 23 Action Agenda
Access Complete Folder of Shared Documents at https://bit.ly/9-2022GSCFOLDER
UPDATESRead Muskegon Literacy Collaborative
- Shared Leadership Event -scheduled for Friday, September 16.
- Candidate’s Forum Event: Focused on increasing community-led advocacy targeting issues relevant to equity in education, the first in a series of candidate forums and listening sessions will take place on Monday, September 26th, from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m. at Covenant Community Church, 134 E. Barney Ave, Muskegon Heights, MI, 49444. All Muskegon County candidates for County Commissioner, State Representative, State Senator, and Congress have been invited to attend.
- Big Read on the Lakeshore
- Storytime @ MADL- Find one near you
- 123 Play with Me at MADL- Five week workshop for toddlers and parents, professionals availabe to answer questions, provide insigh and build awareness of services. Fridays 10-7 thru 11-4, 10 am- 11:15 at the Egelston Branch. Register at madl.org/calendar
- Want us to post a message about your event or resource in Muskegon County-submit your request to this google form.
- Families most often enroll when someone they trust recommends the service and helps them enroll on the spot. Right now 1343 children 19,000 in Muskegon County receive these valuable resources to connect them to all the best resources in Muskegon County AND high-quality online content. PLEASE help the families you know to enroll. Reach out to Liz and Allison for tools to support your efforts.
- Please add the enrollment link to your website or social media posts https://bbtxt.org/3O09KX5)
- Current Master Flyer (https://bit.ly/GSCplayandlearn)-- This link is regularly updated. So keep accessing the flyer at this link.
- We are out of brochures and lack funding to reprint.
- Please refer to the Regularly Updated Online Version
- Submit your updates to this Google Form
- If your organization like to print brochures, please reach out.
Next GSC Meeting: Tuesday, December 13, 12- Noon.
Allison Keessen, GSC Coordinator, 231-767-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Liz Londo, Parent Liaison, 231-299-0182, email@example.com
Stuart Jones, Executive Director of Early Childhood Services, 767-8300, firstname.lastname@example.org
More Upcoming Resources!
MORE Parenting Workshops From Arbor Circle
MDE Literacy HUB Newsletter
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC COMMENT - CALL TO ACTION
The Michigan Department of Education, Office of Great Start has opened for public comment the proposed Michigan Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Birth to Kindergarten (ECSQ B-K), which will used to support the growth and development of all children birth through kindergarten throughout the state. It also will support early childhood professionals in recognizing individual developmental trajectories and expressions of learning, and guide programs toward improved quality in their operations.
Please review the complete draft of the standards and add your perspectives to the survey – and share the link to the Public Comment announcement broadly. It is important that we receive sufficient public comment on what works and what could be improved within the document. Often, we find that those with concerns about a document are more likely to provide input. While it is vital that we get those messages, we also need to hear what the field supports.
The deadline for completing the survey is 5:00pm, September 21, 2022.
MDE Public Comment Memo:
DRAFT Michigan Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Birth to Kindergarten (ECSQ B-K):
Public Comment Survey: