Enviromental/ Health Awareness
What is the Coniferous Forest?
- Coniferous Forest lie in North America, Europe, and Asia, in the high elevations of mountains.
- Coniferous forests consist mostly of conifers, trees that grow needles instead of leaves, and cones.Conifers tend to be evergreen, adaptations help conifers survive in areas that are very cold or dry these include spruces, pines, and firs.
- Precipitation in coniferous forests varies from 300 to 900 mm with some reaching 2,000 mm. The winters are long, cold and dry, while the short summers are moderately warm and moist.
The Chernobyl disaster was a nuclear accident that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine. From 1986 to 2000, 350,400 people were evacuated and resettled from Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine. Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus have been burdened with the continuing decontamination and health care costs of the Chernobyl accident. Thirty one deaths are directly attributed to the accident, all among the reactor staff and emergency workers.
- it is estimated that 50,000 cancer cases and 25,000 deaths will be cause by the Chernobyl incident.
- The "Red Forest" go it's name after dying from radiation poisoning
- Many are worried that nearby water systems are carrying radiation material and poisoning surrounding communities.
- Many animals are unable to reproduce and are dying disrupting the food chain.
- Many deformities are caused by radiation poisoning
My Solution & Postive Impacts
- The surrounding environment will see positive changes both in animals and plants
- Waste will no long sneak into groundwater or human water sources
- The environment will not only be healthy but look healthy as well adding to the aesthetic value.