"Building Tomorrow's Future Today!"
November 13, 2015
Volume 2 Issue #12
***Fire Drill Week***
Perfect Attendance "Silly" day - ball caps
Jenkins to Technology Priorities Meeting @8:30am
3rd Grade Field Trip-Scientific Circus
Thanksgiving lunch in cafeteria
Thanksgiving "Snack" Feasts
Student/Teacher Early Release
End of 3rd Three Weeks
Possible Play-Off game -TBA
Thanksgiving Holidays: November 23-27, 2015
GLC meeting @4
Building Meeting @ 9:30
Activity Account Handbook Training @4pm HS Cafeteria
Progress Reports go Home
Kindergarten Christmas Program @6:30 pm
- Construction Update- another piece of slab will be poured on Saturday!!!
- Tonight's playoff game against Houston Cashmere, will kickoff at 7:30 pm at Ray Maddry stadium in Channelview. Tickets for tonight's game at the gate will be available and are priced at: students are $5 and adults are $8. School ID badges will not get you in the game. Let's go Longhorns!!
- All student placemats for the Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday, November 19th, are due in the front office by Monday afternoon, so that they can be laminated. Students will bring these to lunch with them on Thursday and may take them home afterward.
- At your request, an early release schedule has been created. (Thank you Mr. Craft for working on this!) Please review the new HFE Early Release schedule and let us know if you have any questions. By utilizing an early release schedule, students will not miss library, etc., and all teachers will receive their conference period. As with all things new, we may need to revisit this schedule after we use it the first time and make adjustments before December 8th.
- UIL assignments- I have good news! The majority of the HFE staff are needed to bring food for the hospitality room on both days of the contest. Please review the UIL assignment information below to find your assignment. If you DO NOT see your name on a particular day, then you are needed to bring food. On Tuesday, the 8th, they need desserts and on Thursday, the 10th, they need chips, dips and "snackie" foods. Also, if you are not assigned to work a contest, etc., they you may spend those afternoons working in your rooms, planning, or exploring technology integration. If you are assigned as a contest judge, you will be paid $50.00!
- HIp! HIp! Hooray! HFE has earned its 4th "Silly" day! We will celebrate this accomplishment on Tuesday the 17th, with a hat day, ball caps only this time. Please let students know about this achievement on Monday and a notice home will be sent home as well. We want to say thank you for pumping attendance up and sharing with your students how important it is to be at school. Remind them of the attendance incentives that we have in place, the perfect attendance parties and the attendance "silly" days. Mr. Craft updates the campus attendance rate each morning on the HFE Announcement Smore, so you can share with them how they are doing. To see the updates, you will need to view the HFE Announcement Smore using your browser rather than in the original email.
- A new lounge/workroom = new keys!! This means that we need to do a key swap. Before leaving school this afternoon, please stop by the office to pick up a key to the new lounge/workroom. If you do not have a classroom in the primary building you will need to exchange your primary building key for your new one.
- Just FYI: the police officers that are directing traffic in the morning supercede the traffic lights. They will write a citation for individuals who do not follow their traffic directions.
Just for Laughs
Thank you Mrs. Scogin for a great book fair and family reading night! Everyone had a fabulous time and truly enjoyed reading to the therapy dogs. Thanks Mrs. B. Martin for sharing that resource with us!
Fact or Fiction: The movement of the turkey inspired a ballroom dance.