Week of November 1st
The building clocks/time were reset last weekend and now reflect actual time. Students - please ensure that you are on-time to avoid marked tardy.
Monday, November 1st (originally a half day of in-person learning) will now be a half day of remote learning with asynchronous instruction. Teachers will offer online office hours in the morning for students to check-in as needed. Students will NOT attend classes in-person on this day and should not travel to KRHS. The remainder of the day will be a teacher workday
Tuesday, November 2nd - No School (Election Day)
- As you know, masks (covering the mouth and nose) are still required of all students, staff, and visitors. We have distributed an excessive amount of disposable masks and our supply is running low. Parents - please ensure that your child has a mask and brings it to school each day. Once our mask supply runs out, students will be sent home if they cannot comply with the mandate (i.e. - they do not have one to wear and we do not have one to provide). Mesh masks are not acceptable
- Students - please be mindful that food deliveries (from outside vendors) are prohibited during the school day
Monday, November 1st
Freshmen Football vs. Sherando (home) - 6pm
Tuesday, November 2nd
Region 4C Cross Country at Great Meadow - Girls at 10am/Boys at 10:30am
4C Semi-Final Varsity Field Hockey at Loudoun County - 5:00pm
Thursday, November 4th
- College Night at KRHS - 6pm
Friday, November 5th
- Varsity Football at Sherando - 7pm
Saturday, November 6th:
- One Act Play Competition at Handley - 10am
The KRHS Honor Societies opened the Tutoring Lab on October 12th. Appointments may be made ONE week prior to the scheduled tutoring date.
The following subjects will be supported:
- Math: Algebra 1, AFDA, Geometry, & Algebra 2
- History: World 1 History & World History 2
- Science: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, & Physics
- English: Writing Center
- Foreign Language: Spanish, French, German, Latin, & Arabic
Any student interested in signing up can access the form during the weekdays (M - F) using the link provided below. Sign-up will open Tuesday, October 12th this week (due to the Teacher Workday on Monday).
COVID-19 Quarantine Information
When a student is quarantined and/or becomes ill from COVID-19, Ms. Brown (our nurse) will contact the parent/guardian (via phone or email) and provide/confirm the length of quarantine/isolation time required. The teachers of each student will also be notified. School Counselors will then contact the parent (via email) to confirm that teachers are aware of this information. The following protocol for quarantined/isolated students (due to COVID-19 only) is being followed:
Instructional Guidelines for High School Students in Quarantine/Isolation
High school teachers will make links available for students to join each class virtually for the first 15-40 minutes of each class to create some synchronous learning for quarantined students.
The primary goal for quarantine students is to see and hear directions and content that will support their independent learning.
Teachers will also be available during office hours at times determined by the teacher. Each teacher will communicate the time available to students.
Please note that this learning platform is only available for students who are quarantined and/or in isolation (relative to COVID-19).
Questions relative to assignments/instruction/course-related matters while students are absent should be directed to the responsible teacher.
To view specific COVID-19 case information, please visit the FCPS Dashboard.
To learn more about quarantine requirements, close contacts, and vaccination information, please review this newsletter from the division.
Please remember that masks (covering the mouth and nose) are required while inside our building. This applies to parents, guardians as well.