Association for Bright Children
London Chapter - December 2015
We're glad you found us!
We know how important it is for children to meet peers they connect with and for parents to understand and advocate for their child. We host get togethers, learning opportunities, and parent education seminars throughout the year.
London Lego League - Winter Session
Saturday, Jan. 9th 2016 at 10am to Saturday, March 5th 2016 at 12pm
3200 Wonderland Road South
It's finally here! Registration for Junior First Lego League is now open. To learn more about JFLL including the dates, times, and cost for the winter session AND to register, click here. Spaces are currently limited, though we may add an additional team if space allows.
- Parent education seminars February 27, April 2, and May 7 from 2-4 pm. We are planning activities for children on site as well. Registration will open for these events in January. Subscribe to the newsletter to be notified
- Skating social in January - date will be announced in the January newsletter
- Education in the Evening: Cronyn Observatory talk and activity for children and parents in February
Opportunities in the Community
International Kangaroo Math competition March 20, 2016. More information about the competition and registration information can be found here: https://kangaroo.math.ca
UnLondon's Unlab: Learn to code, explore 3D printing and laser cutting. New classes begin in February.
Hoagies Gifted Website
Summer Opportunity for Enrichment at Queen's University
Greetings from the Enrichment Studies Unit at Queen`s University,
The ESU team has been working very hard planning the 2016 program sessions and we hope your child can join us on campus for our most exciting year yet! This program is for students grades 8-12.
We`ve added new courses and have an exciting new extra-curricular activity schedule for all residence-option students to rotate through.
In addition to the exciting extra-curricular activities, we will be hosting a Welcome Rally and Fun Fair, and we encourage all commuter-option students to join us for these annual favorites.
A few important points about registration:
1. Registration opens December 1, 2015 @ 9:00am EST http://esu.queensu.ca/how-to-register /
2. Registration is first come, first served and payment in full completes the registration process
3. Payment can be made via our secure on-line payment system using VISA, MasterCard, Debit
4. All residence-option students will participate in the same activities
5. Courses will be available on our website in the next couple of weeks
6. Bursary applications are due by November 20, 2015 http://esu.queensu.ca/programs/financial-aid/
We have attached three documents with important information about our programs and their dates and fees. If you have a newsletter for children and parents, please consider including our ESU Program One Pager.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org