Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 19
Weekly Plan-Culture, Communication, Collaboration
Thank you to all of you for digging in this week as we braved our first cold spell and indoor recess days! We also had the added excitement of kicking off the Major Saver assembly and sales. Our team (Danielle, Colleen, Carrie, Jodi, Brooke, Jenni, Lisa) spent two days in-house training on the Check and Connect program which is a level 2/3 intervention for behavior that we will share information about at our January 25th staff meeting after school in the library.
Here are a few updates and reminders:
- Please try to share some information with your students regarding Martin Luther King, Jr. and the holiday we had "off" school. MANY of our students have no frame of reference for the civil rights struggle, etc. A great resource is from Teaching Tolerance magazine/website at:
- Please read the short growth mindset article and think about how you praise our students!
- Don't forget to sign up to help with Spring Intersession as we have a few spots left!
- Thank you in advance for your flexibility with FAST the last two weeks of January. I know it disrupts your planning, but I am excited to see how much our children have grown in math and reading. This info will be shared at parent teacher conferences.
- We will soon meet to schedule family parent teacher conference night (February 8th Monday) as our late night. We can also get our other hours in on Tuesday February 9th after 3:45. You also have early out on Wednesday from 1:10-4:00. That eliminates after school conferences on Thursday or later on Wednesday.
- We are up and running with our Fit Bit grant and will have about 10-12 adults matched 1:1 with students to take 2-3 breaks per day in anticipation of improved engagement and behavior. We will share info at our staff meeting on the 25th.
- When we get a great "snow" we will have our school wide snow PBIS celebration!
- Please keep entering our ODR reports online with Google shortcut that is on your desktop. This is a work in progress.
- Please welcome Patty's student teacher Paige from St. Ambrose!
- PTA movie night is Friday January 29th at NA and Trivia Night is Friday April 1st!
Monday January 18
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Tuesday January 19
7:45 Behavior Data Team for Amera, Carrie, Jenni, Danielle, Ardie, Amber, Brooke, and Lisa
8:30 Weekly school-wide assembly
11:00 5th Quarter/STEM planning meeting w/Chris Like, Becca Eastman, Jenni, Lisa
1:00 Emergency drill
1:30 Administrators/Supervisors meeting
Wednesday January 20
8:00 Academic IEP w/Ellen and Scott
9:00 Laurie Brasche (PV) mentor/mentee visit
10:50 Post-observation meeting w/Erika
12:45 NA Core meeting w/Danielle, Anne, Christy, Barb, Lori, Lisa
Thursday January 21
9:00 Morning meetings recording w/Colleen
1:00 Weekly coaches meeting w/Carrie and Jenni
2:30 Weekly 21CCLC meeting w/Becca and Jenni
Friday January 22
9:00 Weekly school counselor meeting w/Danielle
10:30 Weekly school office meeting
11:30 Shooting Stars lunch in library
1:30 Elementary Principals' meeting
Fit Bit Foundation Grant off and "running"
We have 10 students now who are enrolled in our MTSS Fit Bit behavior program. They are matched 1:1 with an adult who checks in 3-4 times a day for some "exercise" and asset building.
2nd grade Bald Eagle Days
2nd grade had excellent behavior and learned A LOT at the QC Bald Eagle Days field trip last Friday!
PLC PD work
Here is an example of what the Kindergarten team did on Tuesday's early out as we develop our PLC norms and values across the district!