Career Research Project
By: Virginia Norred
Veterinarians care for the health of animals and work to improve public health. A Vet also researches diseases and injuries of animals. Develop, inspect and care for pets.
Day to Day Tasks:
Examine animal of diseases or injuries
Treat sick or injured animals
Collect body fluids for examination
This job in expected to grow 12% in the next 8 years.
1. Texas Christian University (TCU)
This university I has a good music program for stringed instruments since I want to get a good degree on the cello
- Score between 1650 and 1910 on the SAT, or between 25 and 30 on the ACT.
- TCU has no minimum requirement for GPA
2. University of North Texas (UNT)
the college also has a good music program.
- A score in the range of 980 to 1210 on the SAT exam, or 21 to 26 on the ACT exam
- it is estimated that the UNT average GPA range for accepted students is around 3.13 - 3.38
3. Texas A&M University-College station
the university has a great veterinary program
- The average SAT score for incoming freshmen is 1220
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Mathematics - Three of the courses must be Algebra I, II and Geometry
- 4 years of Science - Two courses must come from Biology I, Chemistry I or Physics I
- 2 years of the same foreign language