The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 1/12/2020
DDE Drama Co. in full swing! Cast members working hard at their 1st vocal rehearsal!
Coach Krupp doing his thing - motivating these girls to be winners!
Students being challenged with tiered activities using depth and complexity in 8th grade American History.
DDE PTO iPlay Partner Night!
- Parent/Guardian Conference Letter: http://bit.ly/2RaVZuW
- Directions for Scheduling Conferences: http://bit.ly/34MTjHF
- Please note: The Conference Link on the Parent Portal is currently open and will remain open until tomorrow (Monday, January 13th) afternoon. It will be open again the morning of Thursday, January 16th until midday on Friday, January 17th.
- iPlay Partner Night: Come out to iPlay America in Freehold for our school partner night at the park on Friday, January 17th from 4:00pm-9:00pm. Click here for the flyer and registration link: http://bit.ly/2QfVuic. A “partner night” is a FREE ride night for the students, staff, and families of our school with the purchase of a $10 game card at admissions. Each attendee receives an iRide Plus Pass (value of $29.99). With the download of a free iRide Plus Band, each person will enjoy unlimited rides all night on Go Carts, Freedom Rider Spinning Coaster, Bumper Cars and many more of the park attractions and arcade games. Below is the link for parents and staff to download passes prior to the night. Using the link provided below for our school is the only way to download passes for this event. Please see the following registration link: https://iplayamerica.formstack.com/forms/dwightdeisenhower
- Mirrored Memories: Please see a special offer from Mirrored Memories NJ: http://bit.ly/34qtq0b
Don't Delay! Buy Your Yearbook Today!
Please note: All students, including 8th grade students, must purchase a yearbook if they would like one. Eighth grade students are not given yearbooks. Thank you!
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020: Evening (5:00pm-7:30pm) conferences
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020: Afternoon (12:35pm-2:15pm) and evening conferences (5:00pm-7:30pm)
- Monday, January 27, 2020: PTO Meeting @ 9:00am in the STEAM Center
- Friday, February 7, 2020: PTO Pocketbook Bingo and Gift Auction
Information for 8th Grade Families
8th Grade Graduation:
- Details regarding the date, time, and location of graduation have not yet been finalized. As soon as we receive this information, it will be forwarded to you. We do not typically have a date set until after spring break.
- Graduation gown information will be forthcoming.
8th Grade Graduation Pictures:
- Optional 8th Grade Graduation pictures will be taken on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 and Thursday, April 2, 2020 in the STEAM Center from 4:00pm-8:00pm. Additional information will be provided as the dates get closer.
High School Information:
- High School Orientation for Current 8th Grade Students: http://bit.ly/33K4pMr
- FTHS IB Diploma Program: http://bit.ly/2kSR9od
- MCVSD Career Academy Brochure: http://bit.ly/2kHH2mn
- MCVSD Picture ID Information: https://www.mcvsd.org/wp-content/uploads/career-academy-picture-id-form.pdf