the Cardinal Compass- October, 2021
News& Happenings of PV and MMS
School Hours: 7:55 AM - 3:05 PM
Office Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Office Phone: 920-387-7973 x2001
Administrative Assistant: Beth Huffman
Mayville Middle School:
School Hours: 7:45 AM - 3:10 PM
Office Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Office Phone: 920-387-7970 x3002
Administrative Assistant: Michelle Harrington
In a blink of an eye, September is behind us.
Morning and after school routines have been established.
Our first round of assessments are completed.
Teachers and learners are working on learning targets for the year.
And we have Parent Teacher Conferences starting in about a week.
I have the privilege this year to truly see the
growth in our learners as I work with the littlest of learners
to our 8th graders who are preparing to take their next
step high school in just a few months!
As I watch, observe, and interact with these learners,
I am reminded that we have a wonderful population
of students who are respectful and responsible.
Thank you for all you do to
support your child(ren) and giving them roots
and encouraging them to continue to grow and fly.
We look forward to seeing kids and families out celebrating Homecoming this week...
- Spirit/Dress Up Days- See the list of Spirit/Dress Up days for the week! Hope you can all find a way to participate!
- Home Soccer Game - Tuesday, Oct. 5 @ Ribbens Field; 4:30 PM
- Home Volleyball Game - Thursday, Oct. 7 @ MHS; 7:00 PM; Introduction of King and Queen after the game!
- Homecoming Parade - starts at 4:00 on Friday and goes from Horicon Street at the Fire Department to Main Street to Dayton Street!
- Homecoming Game - Watch the Mayville Cardinals take on WLA at 7:00 PM at Ray Dunn Field on Friday, Oct. 8!
Parent Teacher Conferences... Fall 2021
5K - Oct. 12 & 14
1st Grade - Oct. 12
2nd Grade - Oct. 14
3rd - 5th Grade - Oct. 21
6th - 8th Grades - more information to come
In October, we have Parent Teacher Conferences set for Grades 5K - 5! (Then a second set of conferences dates in November for grades 1-8.) These will be VIRTUAL Conferences and your child(ren)'s teacher(s) will be providing you with a ZOOM link to use to connect with them at your scheduled time.
We have created 15 - 20 minutes appointments for you select from and schedule through Skyward Family Access.
Specific Notes for the October Conferences...
- Kindergarten Conferences - You may go into Skyward Family Access and schedule your conference for the date and time that works best for your family.
- 1st - 5th Grade Conferences- The October conferences are by invitation only! Your child's teacher(s) will reach out and let you know if you will be attending your conference in October. IF you do not receive an invitation for an October conference, you will be attending conferences in November.
The Fun Run 2021... October 22!
Mayville's 4th Annual PTA Fun Run!!
We are excited to return to our traditional Fun Run format this year. Weather permitting, we will have our Fun Run courses set up outside for our learners to run their laps and raise money to help us reach our Playground Initiative Goals!
Here's how you can help:
- Assist your child to collect pledges: October 11 will bring Fun Run Pledge packets home. Please assist/encourage your learners to reach out to family members, neighbors, etc. to pledge money for the Fun Run - by lap or by flat pledge. Return flat pledges to school on Oct. 18.
- On October 22: Make sure your child has a great breakfast and is ready to run for an amazing cause! The more they run, the more money we raise, and the quicker we can add more playground equipment to our playgrounds!!
- After the Run: help your learner collect their per lap pledge money and have it turned in to school by November 1!
More details will be coming soon!!!
Round Up for the Mayville Playground Initiative!
Shop the Pig!Our School Playground Initiative has been chosen as the October recipient of the Mayville Piggly Wiggly's Round Up for a Cause!
As you shop this month, please consider rounding up your purchase total and that extra money will go toward Mayville Schools completing the updates and accessibility of our playgrounds.
Life in Pictures @ PV and MMS...
Our Start to the Year... from a COVID-19 Lens
As we move into Year 2 of navigating the pandemic, we recognize that people are tired of the pandemic. However, we need to continue to be vigilant in monitoring and managing the COVID-19 positive cases and close contacts as needed. And we have added the layer of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated and how we make decisions for these.
That being said...Thank you for your patience and graciousness as you are contacted by school regarding COVID-19.
Please take moment and review our COVID -19 Decision Grid!
- Parkview School Office and Beth Huffman - 920-387-7973 x2001
- Mayville Middle School Office and Michelle Harrington - 920-387-7973 x3002
Becky Le Bouton - Principal - 920-387-7970 x3006; email@example.com
Tony Logue- Assoc. Principal - 920-387-7970 x3017; firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Mathison - Director Teaching & Learning/Assoc. Principal -
920-387-7973 x2002; email@example.com