Hedgcoxe Hounds Newsletter
October Important Dates:
October is National Bully Prevention Month
October 9: NO SCHOOL
October 10: Parent/Teacher Conferences - Student Holiday
October 16: Rainbow Week begins
October 17: Spirit Night - Palio's Pizza
October 17: Picture Day
October 20: Box Top Contest ends
October 23: Red Ribbon Week begins
Rainbow Week - 10/16-10/20
Mark your calendar now for Rainbow Week the week of October 16-October 20! Rainbow week promotes the importance of eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. Each day on the Hedgcoxe FANS lunch menu, different fruit or vegetable will be offered. Students are encouraged to wear a shirt coordinating with that color of fruit or vegetable of the day. We hope this week brings new favorites to your taste buds!
Monday, October 16th – White-Mashed Potato
Wear a White Shirt.
Tuesday, October 17th – Red-Strawberry Cup
SCHOOL PICTURE DAY - Wear your picture day clothes.
We will give out red strawberry stickers after pictures.
Wednesday, October 18th – Green- Green Beans
Wear a Green Shirt.
Thursday, October 19th– Orange-Mandarin Oranges
Wear an Orange Shirt.
Friday, October 20th – Yellow-Corn - Wear a Yellow Shirt.
The Coordinated School Health Committee of Hedgcoxe Elementary
RESULTS- PTA Box Tops for Edu.- Sept.
THANK YOU so much for turning in your wonderful Box Tops this month! The winners of the September contest was Ms. LeWinter's first grade class!
Top Three Teachers for September:
Ms. LeWinter: 203
Ms. Henderson 180
Mrs. Flohr 132
These three classes made our school: $51.50!
Since this went SO well, we are going to do it again!
Please continue to gather all your Box Tops and turn them in!
The winning classroom will win a popsicle party and an extra recess. Contest ends October 20th. Results will be announced around October 25th.
*Remember to check the expiration date as they do expire.
Thank you as always for supporting Hedgcoxe!
PTA Reflections Program
Your Creative Potential is
· Show your Hedgcoxe Hounds spirit. Share your creative potential with Dance, Writing, Film Production, Photography, Visual Arts and/or Musical Composition.
· Enter as many times or categories as you like.
· Earn Hound Bucks & 3 Carnival Tickets!
· All entries will be recognized and are due in the Hedgcoxe Library by November 10, 2017.
· Find entry forms and resources at HedgcoxePTA.org
Picture Day - October 17th
More information about picture day will be sent home with your student, or visit www.inter-state.com/order
The unique order code for Hedgcoxe Elementary School is 22711DF.
Red Ribbon Week
Monday- Celebrate Red Ribbon Week
Wear red from head to toe!
*Students receive Red Ribbon Week bookmarks.
Tuesday- Be A Hero, Don't do Drugs
Dress like a Superhero!
*Students receive a Red Ribbon Week Keychain.
Wednesday- A Minion Reasons to be Drug Free
Dress like a Minion!
*Students receive a sticker
Thursday- Elect to be Drug Free
Wear red, white, and blue!
*Students will receive a Red Ribbon Week wristband
Friday- Walk away from Drugs!
Dress in comfortable clothes and tennis shoes.
*Students will participate in a Walk during Specials
PTA Carnival - Coming Soon
We can use your help:
- If you know of anybody who would like to have a vendor table at the Carnival please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get them set up! There is a $50 vendor fee.
- If there is something you would like to see or be able to purchase at the Carnival this year please let us know. We are here for you and want our parents to enjoy the Carnival as much as the kids! (Examples from previous years: Hedgcoxe Items, jewelry, headbands, Christmas ornaments, Oils...) Please email email@example.com.
- For volunteering opportunities please click link below.
Important: How our PTA Communicates With You
We wanted to make sure that you never miss out on a thing! There are several ways we communicate with you and we just want to make sure you know where to look!
- The 1st place you should always look is at our PTA is website: This is a consolidated view. https://hedgcoxepta.membershiptoolkit.com/
- The 2nd palace you should look is this news letter right here. It is a summary of the website, the cliff notes if you will. This is also a great resource to stay involved and in the know.
- The 3rd place to look is in your child's backpack. Paper handouts go home this way also.
- The 4th way we communicate is with automated phone messages.
- The 5th way is with our Facebook page.
We know that is a lot of communication but we to make sure you have every opportunity to participate with your child and make those memories that last a lifetime. Thank you for being so flexable as we try to meet your needs.
PTA Box Tops Opportunity with Sam's Club
If you have any questions or are not familiar please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and she will take care of the leg work for you!
PTA Book Fair-Thank You!
The book fair was a huge success!! Thank you so much for your support and a special shout out to all our dudes (dad) who came friday to give us an explosive finish! We love our parents and we hope you had a rootin-tootin good time!
*** Thank you TOM THUMB for providing us with bags for books!
PTA Spirit-wear Sales
** Questions about spirit wear? Please contact Heather Blachly at email@example.com
All responses are anonymous.
FREE Education for Parents for October
We might be a smaller PTA but together we are mighty!
We will help take some Halloween candy off your hands....donations welcomed!
Karen Williams - Administrative Intern - 469-752-1711
Brooke Burnette - Counselor - 469-752-1715
Amanda Robison - Nurse - 469-752-1709
Christine Sanchez - Secretary -469-752-1702
Child Safe Line- 469-752-1700 Opt. 1 and Opt. 3 to leave a message.