LV 6th Grade Technology
By David Decker
- On almost every day when you come to Technology, you start the class by going on Typing Web for 5 minutes.
- By the end of the semester, you need to finish The Intermediate Course on Typing Web to get a good grade.
- Once you finish The Intermediate Course, you get your picture taken for the Tip Top Typists board.
- The link for Typing Web is www.typing.com
- In this unit, Mrs. VandenBoogaard comes in to teach.
- You get to take quizzes to find out what your dream job might be.
- There are games you can play on the Career Locker website.
- The link for Career Locker is https://wiscareers.wisc.edu/Default.asp
- In this unit, you get to code games based on the requirements for each level.
- You have to finish Stage 9 by the end of the quarter to get a good grade.
- Once you finish all of the stages, you can choose any level on the website you want to do.
- The link for Coding is https://studio.code.org/s/20-hour
- After you complete the Career Locker unit, you start this unit to make a Haiku Deck about your dream job.
- At the end of the unit, everyone in the class presents their Haiku Decks.
- You have to have at least 10 slides on your Haiku Deck.
- The link for Haiku Deck Creator is https://www.haikudeck.com
- After all of the Haiku Decks have been presented, the class starts this project.
- You get to choose the topic you want to make the iTrailer on.
- The software you use to make it is iMovie, but you make a trailer instead of an actual movie.
- On Schoology, everyone in the class chooses one of ten math problems to solve.
- You use the software Explain Everything to state your math problem, and then show how to solve it.
- There has to be at least 2 slides on your project.