CRI - Canyon Ridge Parent News!
ARE YOU READY FOR THE BIG DRAWING????? February 2023
Is your child eligible?!!! Help them sign up!
By helping your child sign up 10 friends & family, your child is eligible!
- THIS WEEK - DRAWING for $250 AMAZON GIFT CARD - - - WEDNESDAY!
Turn in Golden Ticket!
- 1 - 2 HOURS @ DAY OF AWESOMENESS!! - Your child will be able to attend the ENTIRE DAY OF AWESOMENESS YEAREND OUTDOOR PARTY on the lawn of CRI in May! It will have 8 HUGE INFLATABLES, lots of games, drawings for prizes, a money wheel, a money air vault, a dance party, hoola hooping, tug-of-war, & lots of time with friends~
- Fundraiser participants attend DAY OF AWESOMENESS for 1 - 2 hours!
SIGN UP 10 friends & family!
Fun with Principals & Teachers
Participate in Fundraiser to EARN 1-2 HOURS OF FUN IN THE SUN!
Friends & Sunshine!
Inflatables, Dance Party, Snacks, Games, Music & More!
WEEK OF FEB. 6
Monday, Feb. 6th:
- HELP YOUR CHILD BECOME ELIGIBLE for the full day of fun @ Day of Awesomeness in May & for the $250 Amazon Gift Card Drawing!
- Ends Thursday!
- COUNSELORS WEEK! - HUGE thank you to our counselors!
- KINDNESS DRESS-UP DAYS & FUN DONATIONS to celebrate our counselors!
- ONLINE ENROLLMENT opens - Plan to complete this process with your child Wednesday or this week following Life App Showcase & visits from Middle School counselors & principals!
- CANDYGRAM SALES Kick off! $1 each - Surprise your child with a positive encouraging note and a small piece of candy delivered to their classroom (or students may purchase them for themselves or friends!)
- ROCKIN THE RIDGE Character Assemblies
- BRONCO BISTRO - food & games in Media Center during lunch/recess for all of the Jan/Feb character winners
Tuesday, Feb. 7th:
- LIFE APP SHOWCASE ASSEMBLIES - for 5th graders
- Spring Pictures today - optional
- ORANGE LEAF - sold @ recess $5 cash
Wednesday, Feb. 8th -
- DRAWING FOR $250 AMAZON GIFT CARD TOMORROW! - Is your child's name in for the drawing?
- ONLINE ENROLLMENT OPENED LAST MONDAY! - all enrollment is online!
- WEDNESDAY will be the perfect day to complete the online enrollment process with your child & choose classes for next year! - following showcase assemblies, talking with counselors, etc.
- LYRIC THEATER visits CRI - Lyric Theater will perform the musical "Oklahoma" for 5th grade students in an interactive performance in the cafeteria.
Thursday, FEB. 9th -
- DRAWING FOR $250 AMAZON GIFT CARD TODAY!
- Momentum Bond Election Q & A @ MHS Performing Arts Center - 6pm - 7:30!
- Parent Resource Night! @ MHS Commons Area! 5:30 - 7:00pm
Door prizes & great info! CLICK HERE!
Saturday, FEB. 11 -
- Special Education Polar Plunge!
- NO SCHOOL for teachers' professional training - 2/13 & 2/14
- VALENTINES DAY IS VOTING DAY for YOU!
- "NOT voting" will affect your child's safety, security, & class-size.
- EVERY VOTE will matter...
See sections below regarding potential outcomes.
DEADLINE WEDNESDAY for your child to be ELIGIBLE!
- Participate in the FUNDRAISER - for your child to be able to attend 1-2 HOURS OF AWESOMENESS INFLATABLES in May!
- MONDAY - Drawing for another refrigerator of cash & OTHER FUN PRIZES!
- WEDNESDAY - $250 Amazon Gift Card! WHOOOO HOO!
- GOAL: have 10 friends/family donate $5 - $10 each
- PAPER DONATION FORM OR ONLINE:
- It's a donation drive for CRI: We plan to repair our Flag poles, purchase library books, fun online educational programs, student technology, PE equipment & more!
SIGN UP TO BE ELIGIBLE!
Fundraiser ends Wednesday!
$250 AMAZON GIFT CARD DRAWING WEDNESDAY!
Sign up 10 friends & family or raise $50
by WEDNESDAY for your child to be able to ATTEND DAY OF AWESOMENESS for almost 2 hours!
FREE Camp Canyon - LAST CHANCE for the YEAR!
We have NEW and wonderful LEARNING ACTIVITIES, team-building games & SNACKS every day! Plus, we'll enjoy a PIZZA PARTY on the last day!
- LAST OPPORTUNITY for your child to JOIN this FUN!
- We want you back! - If your child previously attended, we'd love for them to return!
- If your child hasn't participated! - It's NOT TOO LATE!
Call 405-256-6955 and they are "in!"
- It all kicks off Monday!
We will begin after school each day and end at 5:00 pm.
This week only!
FEB. 14th - ELECTION: WHAT COULD HAPPEN?
The outcome of this election will affect:
- SAFETY/SECURITY at Canyon Ridge, the Middle Schools, and every school!
- HVAC - heat & air improvements
- PREVIOUS BOND ELECTION - The majority OF VOTERS voted to PASS the last bond election, HOWEVER, not by 60% so the bond did not pass.
- The outcome of this election will directly affect your child.
- Every vote will matter.
This bond election will greatly affected class-sizes, student safety & more. State funds cannot be used to build buildings or for most building improvements. Safety & security of buildings need to be continually assessed and updated to protect every child & staff member.
- We will always give our very best to ensure children are safe and have the best learning enviroment possible.
- No matter how you vote, please vote.
WEEK OF FEB. 13
MONDAY, FEB. 13th:
- NO SCHOOL for students MON & TUES
Teacher planning days
TUESDAY., FEB. 14th:
- NO SCHOOL
- VOTING DAY - ELECTION RESULTS will greatly affect SAFETY, SECURITY, & CLASS-SIZES!
- YOUR VOTE HAS NEVER MATTERED MORE!
- Polls are open 7am - 7pm
- Happy Valentines Day! Please stop by and VOTE!
Wed. & Thurs. - FEB. 15 & 16:
- Students' GROUP PICTURE DAY for yearbook!
- Last 2 days of Camp Canyon #2! Whoo hoo! Bring back the fun & learning that we missed sharing with kids during the icy snow days a couple of weeks ago! Students should be picked up @ 5pm.
Wed., Thurs., & Friday - FEB. 15-17:
- BEAST WEEK! - sponsored by 5th grade STUCO
- Raising Money for Children with severe illnesses around the district!
- Half-Court Bball Shots - during recess (Raising $ to help others!)
- Corn Hole Tournament - during recess (Raising $ to help others!)
- Fun for kids while focusing & helping others!
CAN YOU HELP MUSTANG STUDENTS WHO FACE LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESSES?
- MPS will hold a huge district-wide AUCTION to benefit children in Mustang Public Schools who have LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESSES . . .
- CRI wants to be a part of this giving!
Can your business or family donate items for the auction?
- ITEMS EITHER LARGE OR SMALL will benefit & bless others!
- We will place smaller items into gift baskets, and larger items can be auctioned alone.
Call 405-256-6955 or send your item(s) to the front office this coming week
Together, we can make a greater difference than you can imagine. Thank you! Thank you! For helping the children of Mustang School District who face unimaginable health challenges.
FAMILIES & CRI - partnering together
- to provide our children wonderful opportunities to experience the JOY OF GIVING & make a difference in the lives of others!
- Be the Change we want to see in the world!
BEAST WEEK - SEND A FEW DOLLARS WITH YOUR CHILD . . .
- YOUR CHILD can enjoy playing games at recess & winning small candy prizes
- CANDY is donated by 5th grade STUCO students & our PE Department!
- SO ALL MONEY RAISED will be donated to children in our district who have severe illnesses.
BEAST WEEK - Fun Events to Raise $ for CHILDREN with Illnesses
- 5th grade STUCO students - purchased candy prizes for our students & organized these great games & activities!
- ALL MONEY will go to several children across our district who are struggling with serious illnesses & great local causes.
- OUR CHILDREN ARE TRULY MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
REGIONAL FOOD BANK! - Inviting YOUR FAMILY to join us!
- We LOVE providing our kids the experience & JOY of SERVING OTHERS!
- Tentative Date - Saturday morning, April 1st!
- Details coming soon!
UPCOMING BIRTHDAY? MAKE YOUR CHILD FAMOUS!
- Wish your child Happy Birthday by posting their name on the large electronic Marquee in front of CRI!
- Cost $20
- Pay in CRI front office
- Your child's name runs for approximately 2 weeks!
FREE to EVERY CHILD - We wish all students HAPPY BIRTHDAY on our morning TV announcements & call them to the front office for a small birthday surprise.
SCHOOL DAY - 1st bell @ 8:00am
- 7:35 am - Everyone should time arrival AFTER 7:35 am
- 7:35 am - Car-rider gate OPENS
- 8:00 am - 1st bell
- IF NEED EARLY CHECK-OUT - Always by 2:45pm. We do not check out children between 2:45 - 3:05 pm to avoid confusion for students, end-of-day classroom business, & traffic problems. If you need to check your child out early for an appointment, be sure to pick them out before 2:45pm.
- 3:05 pm - school dismisses
- 3:05 pm - car-rider gate opens
NOTE: 7:50 am - There is hardly any traffic!
CONTACT US! WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
MAIN NUMBER - (405) 256-6955
- ATTENDANCE or to CONTACT US
Administrative Assistants (secretaries):
Media Director (librarian):
- Michelle Tobler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Ann Cornelison (and nurse's asst. Jill Isham)
Spec Ed Dept. Head:
- Amanda Holeman - email@example.com
- Linda Riggs - firstname.lastname@example.org