See what's happening at Carol Stream School
iReady Test: Tips for parents (RAFFLE PRIZE included)
In order to provide the very best experience for your child, please watch the family preparation video. After watching, enter your child's name into a raffle to win a special lunch delivery via Door Dash!
- Make sure your child's device (iPad or Macbook) is charged
- Be sure your child has a quiet space to take the test
- The best way to help your child, is NOT to help (no clues, hints, or pointing)
- Anticipate their frustration (they're expected to get nearly 50% of questions wrong)
- Watch their pacing (encourage them to slow down and not rush)
- Provide them with a pencil and paper to show their work
- Take a break (get up & move every 10 min)
- Celebrate their hard work (ex: "wow, that looks tricky! Remember, it's okay if you don't know it- just try your best!")
Material Pick Up- Thursday, Dec. 10th
Reminder- Material Pick Up on Thursday, Dec. 10th (K-5) from 4-6 pm.
For students in grades K-5, we're asking families to pick up materials anytime between 4 - 6 pm.
As with the previous material pickups, please enter the back parking lot and follow the signage.
Staff members will be ready to assist you by placing your materials in your trunk. Please have your child's name (first/last), grade, and teacher name is written out on a piece of paper and placed in your car window. This will make the entire process much more efficient.
Student/Family Wellness Screener
CATs Time Reminder
4th Grade: 8:55-9:35
3rd Grade: 9:45-10:25
5th Grade: 10:35-11:15
1st Grade: 12:50-1:30
2nd Grade: 1:35-2:15
Every morning, students will join a class-wide Zoom meeting where they will check-in with their teacher. As a part of this meeting, the classroom teacher will take attendance. It is crucial that students make every effort to attend these meetings daily. For those who do not attend, they will be marked as "absent," and the CSS main office will reach out to families to verify their absence from school that day.
Need help- who to contact:
Technical issues (logging into your device, accessing apps, Zoom connectivity): contact Mrs. Spadlowski at 630-588-5417
Learning Activities posted on SeeSaw: contact your child's teacher directly via SeeSaw/Google Classroom, email, or by phone.
Miscellaneous: contact Principal Kyle at 847-802-2505 or email him directly firstname.lastname@example.org