Baltz Sunday Storytime
and Weekly Announcements March 27, 2022
Things You Should Know This Week
Hello Baltz Families!
Students and staff had lots of fun playing or cheering during our March Madness MTSS Basketball activity on Friday. Students who paid 25 Bear Bucks (in grades 2-5) played basketball against their teachers...and in grades 1-2 students participated in a variety of basketball themed relays. The teachers were able to hold off the students this year.... but it was very exciting!
Unified Arts Special Schedule for this week:
(PE, Art, Music, Library, and the Learning Lab)
Do you know which day your child has PE? Please have them wear sneakers to school on PE day.
Monday 3/28 = Day 4
Tuesday 3/29 = Day 5
Wednesday 3/30 = Day 1
Thursday 3/31 = Day 2
Friday 4/1 = no school for students
Good News- Baltz will be having a summer program this summer for our current students in K-4. Applications will be available next week. It will run from June 27-July 27. It will be held on Mon-Thurs. from 8:30-12 pm.
Students in Grades K-3 will all be leaving their Chromebooks at school. If you haven't yet, please send your child's charger back to school along with their Chromebooks. Computer Carts will be returning to the classrooms.
Mask Wearing is now optional in school. Click here to view district communications regarding updated policies.
- Click here to view a copy of the message to families in English and Spanish.
- Updated Process Maps COVID-19 Process Maps for Red Clay Students/Staff redclayschools.com/covid19.
Covid 19- Health Screener
Every day before sending your child to school you must do the Covid-19 Screener! If your child does not pass the screener, they must stay at home until cleared by a physician or until receiving a negative Covid Test.
Some Testing Dates:
- DeSSA Testing for students in grades 3, 4, 5 begins in May.
- School Doors open at 8:45. There is no supervision outside before 8:45. Walkers should not arrive at school before 8:45.
- Students will go outside to play during recess, as weather permits. Please send your child with weather appropriate clothing for outdoor play.
Scroll down to learn more about:
- Coming Soon- Mark Your Calendars
- Sunday Storytime
- Baltz Bears PTA- Get the Box Tops App to earn money for our school
- Daily Covid-19 Screener info for Staff and Students
- Baltz Title 1 School Information
- Resources for Parents: Dress Code Details, Links for the General Parent Handbook and the MTSS (Positive Behavior ) Parent handbooks and other parent resources
Translation Tools / HERRAMIENTAS DE TRADUCCIÓN
Para ver este boletín semanal en español u otro idioma, use estas herramientas:
Sunday Storytime is taking a week off!
A New Episode will return next week!
Mark Your Calendars!
- March 31st - Marking Period 3 Ends
- April 1st - Grading Day - No School for Students
- April 5th - Baltz Bears PTA Meeting - 5:30 pm - Zoom
- April 7th - Easter Baskets of Hope Giveaway 12:30-2:30- while supplies last
- April 8th- The Masked Reader
- April 14th - MTSS - Play Day - In School Event
- April 15- April 24 - Spring Break
- April 28 - Kindergarten Registration Event -4:15-6:15
Daily Covid-19 Screener
Baltz Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy, Baltz Title 1 Parent, Teacher & School Compact, Title 1 Brochure for Parents, Red Clay Parent Engagement Policy & Red Clay Federal Programs Complaint Procedures
Resources for Parents
Dress Code Details
Click here to review policies for Baltz Elementary.
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz in Spanish!