A Message From the Principal
We have crossed the half-way point of the school year. Next week, teachers will be holding evening parent/teacher conferences. Unlike fall conferences, these will not be scheduled for every family. We will host the conferences based on teacher or parent request. Notes regarding conference request have been previously sent out. If you did not receive a note home, please reach out to your child's teacher.
We look forward to a promising second half of the school year. On a daily basis, our students are immersed in rigorous curriculum, which helps shape them into future academic scholars at the post-secondary level. At Duncan we continue to build a tradition of excellence. The community at Duncan contributes to this important tradition everyday by continually striving to maintain our high standards in order for students to get the most out of their educational experiences. Students at Duncan are asked to contribute to this important tradition by maintaining high personal expectations for themselves. We strive every day to facilitate caring relationships in our school and expect students to behave in ways that best represent themselves and their school. February at Duncan will be a month marked with activities aimed at promoting kind and considerate acts throughout the school. Under the guidance of our amazing staff the message our students want to proclaim is "Kindness is Contagious!".
Kids Heart Challenge Update from Mrs. Stecker
Kids Heart Challenge was a huge success! The students came, they jumped rope, shot baskets, did fitness videos and our school was able to raise over $8,000 for the American Heart Association. Thank you so much for all of the families who donated and the parents who volunteered their time to help in the gym this week.
NWEA Parent Reports Will be Available in Powerschool
NWEA reports are available on Powerschool and are not going to be emailed. Here is how you are able to access those reports: (please see image below)
- Use a laptop to access https://www.uticak12.org/domain/1821
- Log into Parent Portal of Power School
- Click the icon for applications (See picture below for box with diagonal arrow)
- Applications pop out widow will appear with report card and NWEA report
- If the Winter report is not there, the student has not completed winter testing.
Community Service Opportunity with a Former Duncan Explorer!
A former Duncan Explorer Alex Sajad who is a student at Utica Academy for International Studies would like to partner with all of you for a special community service project. During the month of February, we will have a Drive for the Humane Society. This Drive will start Monday February 6th and continue to Friday, March 3rd. Any canned dog or cat foods or toys for pets are welcome. There will be a list of items the Humane Society is open to receive shared below. Whichever class donates the highest number of items will win a pizza party! This will be to strengthen our community and to help any animals in need. Good luck to everyone! We are very excited to partner with a former Explorer! Once an Explorer always an Explorer!
February Explorer Artists of the Month!
Calendar of events
- 2nd Chili's (26 Milie) Dine Out Night 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- 6th: Student Council Meeting 8:30am
- 7th: DECO Meeting 4:30pm in Media Center
- 10th: DECO Mother Son Dance @ Palazzo Grande @ 6:00pm
- 10th: Student Council Spirit Day: Sports Day
- 15th: Bagel Day
- 17th: Student Council Spirit Day: Duncan Day
- 20th: Kalahari Fundraiser
- 20th-24th- No school- Mid-Winter Break
- 3rd Bingo Night 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- 8th: DECO Meeting @ 7:00pm in Media Center
- 10th: Student Council Spirit Day: Rock N Read
- 20th: Roller Skating Party at the New Rink 6:00pm
- 24th: 1/2 Day 12:24 Dismissal
- 24th Sweetheart Dance @ Palazzo Grande) 6:00pm - 10pm
- 3rd-7th: No School- Spring Break
- 18th: DECO Meeting @4:30 pm in Media Center
- 19th: Bagel Day
- 21st: Student Council Spirit Day: Duncan Day
- 5th: Student Council Spirit Day: Duncan Day
- 16th: Roller Skating Party at the New Rink 6:00pm
- 17th: Bagel Day
- 17th: DECO Meeting @4:30 pm in Media Center
- 19th: Student Council Spirit Day: Tie-Dye Day
- 26th: Student Council Spirit Day: Duncan Day
- 29th: No School- Memorial Day
- 2nd: Student Council Spirit Day: Rock N Roll Day
- 7th: Bagel Day
- 8th: 1/2 Day 12:24 Dismissal
- 9th: 1/2 Day- 12:24 Dismissal- Last Day Of School
Special Calendar Reminders
Now Enrolling Kindergarten and Young Fives Program
D.E.C.O Upcoming Events
Parking Lot Reminders
- Please model patient behaviors.
- Handicap parking spots are for cars with Handicap Placard only.
- The North Bus Lane Parking Lot does NOT have a Student Drop off line. Any car in this lot should be in a parking spot and students should be walked to the cross walk with an adult.
- For safety reasons students should NOT be walking through the parking lot without an adult.
Breakfast and Lunch Information
The Community at Richard J. Duncan Elementary School is devoted to academic excellence. Sound instructional strategies will provide our students with a foundation of skills that will prepare them for lifelong achievement in a global society.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Duncan Elementary / Homepage (schoolwires.net)
- Location: 14500 26 Mile Road, Shelby Township, MI, USA
- Office Phone: 586-797-4600
- Absence Line: 586-797-4699
- Early Childhood Phone: 586-797-4660
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UCSDuncan