Running Club News
February 27, 2018
Welcome to Running Club!!
We had a great first session! The kids learned about the goals for running club and pacing, had a stretch session with Mrs. Bryce, and had fun running around the gym to music with exercise breaks mixed in... burpees, squats, jumping jacks, and more... oh my! See below for some photos and videos!
- Your child MUST have a note to stay!... if your child does not have a note to stay for Running Club on Mondays, they will be sent home their normal way at regular dismissal time. Be on the lookout for an email that will contain a sheet of easy print and cut notes so you don't have to hand write one each week.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes each week for Running Club. There won't be enough time to change clothes, so come to school dressed in what you plan to wear to Running Club. We recommend tech fabric shorts/pants/capris, a comfy shirt, and, of course, sneakers. Girls... don't forget something to put your hair up with!
- Parents... Are you or other family members interested in signing up for the April 29th Fun Run or 5k that our club will be participating in? If so, visit this link. Early Bird pricing ends on April 1st. Hint... chose 'print and mail a check' to save a few extra dollars.
- Want to train even more at home? Here is a great document from a very reputable program with several 5k training plans for all levels of walkers and runners. If your child is interested in doing extra running and walking at home, this could be a great plan for them to follow! Also, if you or another family member is wanting to train for a 5k, you can choose a plan that works for you!
- Running Club meets Mondays from 3:30-4:15pm
- Club dates are: March 5, 12, 19, 26, and April 9, 16, 23.
- Remember, you must be on time to pick up! We will dismiss in the car rider line by the gym, please be there by 4:10pm.
- If your child is going home with another parent, we will need written permission in order to release them.
Our 5k race is Sunday, April 29th at 2:00pm at Little Mulberry Park.
- We will send out more information as it gets closer!