Fridley Moore Lake ALC
Monthly Newsletter | September
This link is full if information such as Parent Portal, Student Support Services, Student-Parent Handbook and on-line school calendar. Check it out!
INTAKE MEETING REMINDER
If your student was enrolled at Fridley ALC, during the 20-21 school year, please remember enrollments are not rolled over to the next year. We will attempt to contact parent/guardians for interest in potentially re-enrolling your student. Feel free to contact us @ 763-502-5165.
New Principal of Alternative Services
Fridley Public Schools is pleased to announce that Kelly McConville has been named the new Principal of Alternative Services. The position oversees the Fridley Moore Lake Area Learning Center, Fridley Preschool and Targeted Services. McConville replaces outgoing principal Dr. Jason Bodey, who will assume a leadership role in the district as the Director of Teaching and Learning.
“Kelly brings years of experience as a school administrator, coupled with extensive knowledge of the Fridley School District,” said Superintendent Dr. Kim Hiel. “The skills he has acquired in administrative leadership roles as a dean and principal will be strong assets as he assumes this new role, and will greatly benefit the ALC, Preschool and Targeted Services.”
McConville said he is excited for the opportunity to have a greater impact across the district. “I enjoy working with students of all ages. This position gets to see our youngest scholars on their first day as they start preschool, and also celebrate our oldest students as they graduate from high school,” he said.
Welcome New ALC Social Worker | Jean Hanson
Jean is starting her third year with Fridley Public Schools. Her previous experience includes 26-years as a special education teacher and 2-years as a Mental Health Practitioner. "I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and how I can best facilitate your needs in my new role at the ALC." Please feel free to reach out to Jean via email: Jean.Hanson@fridley.k12.mn.us, her office line: 763-502-5145, or call/text Google Voice: 612-516-3074.
Welcome to the ALC Jean!
HELPFUL LINKS AND INFORMATION FOR BEGINNING THE NEW 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR
Backpacks with school supplies and community resources will be available for students. Please click on the link to fill out the registration (Only students enrolled in Fridley Public Schools can receive a backpack).
Beginning School year 21-22 FPS will require all parents with children enrolled in the district to create a Campus Parent Portal account. This link will bring you to the website with all instructions needed to create an account.
New Educational Benefits need to be completed every year. Completing and submitting this application provides the district with compensatory revenue that directly supports our schools and student's education. Parent Portal will have an on-line link.
Electronic version of 21-22 Chromebook Agreement. Please click on the link and follow instructions for students utilizing a Fridley Public School issued Chromebook.
COVID-19 District Update
The district’s current plan is to open schools with the guidelines listed below. We are aware that things may change based on the spread of COVID-19 and any corresponding guidelines and directives.
● Fridley Public School students in Preschool through Grade 12 will return to in-person learning at school 5 days a week.
● The COVID-19 vaccine is not currently available for children ages 11 years old and younger. At Fridley Public Schools, students in this age-group make up nearly half of our total student population.
● To help provide a safer learning environment for our school community, all staff members and students in Preschool through Grade 12 will be required to wear face coverings/masks while inside district buildings.
● Students are required to wear face coverings/masks while on district transportation/school buses. This is a federal requirement.
● Per CDC, people who properly wear masks do not need to quarantine if they come in close contact with an infected person.
● The American Academy of Pediatricians strongly recommends face masks/coverings for students ages two years and older.
Health and Safety protocols
● The district will maintain strategies to protect students and staff, including continuing enhanced air quality protocols, enhanced cleaning methods, and providing hand sanitizer stations in each building.
● Students and staff with lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 and their household members will be asked to quarantine. Contact tracing will not be done in school.
● Social distancing is not required and there will be no group size limits.
COVID-19 vaccination and testing
● COVID-19 vaccinations, and testing for COVID-19 are not required by the school district.
● This information is based on current guidance from the Minnesota Department of Education as of early August.
● The COVID-19 vaccine is currently available at no cost, and is recommended for anyone ages 12 years and older.
● Anyone ages 12 years and older who wishes to receive a vaccine can use this link to schedule one: Minnesota COVID-19 Response.
Fridley Moore Lake ALC
Nicole Moussette, IL/TOSA | 763-502-5113
Jean Hanson, Social Worker | 763-502-5145
Jan Caven, Secretary | 763-502-5103