Hunting Ridge Hawk Happenings
February 2, 2022
2022 has been a busy start for all of us. Upon our return our staff worked with students to reset schoolwide expectations. In January, our teachers used their Institute Day to deepen their learning around our district initiatives that include literacy, math, and culturally responsive teaching.
Our PTA is hard at work helping preparing for our upcoming Valentine's Day parties on February 14, 2022. Teachers will be sending information home with details.
We are excited to welcome Mr. Sergio Flores, our new head custodian to our staff. Mr. Flores started yesterday and is working with his team to learn all aspects of the job.
In previous communications, our Open House was scheduled for February 24, 2022. In light of COVID numbers, our Leadership Team has decided to find an alternate date in spring to bring students and families into the building. Stay tuned for future communication on this new date in April.
- Wednesday, February 2, 2022 - PTA Meeting, 7:00 PM via Zoom link
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 - Board of Education Meeting, 7:00 PM
- Monday, February 14, 2022 - Valentine's Day Parties
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - Boys' 2-Ball Competition, Falcon Park
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - Girls' 2-Ball Competition, Falcon Park
- February 21, 22, 2022 - Student Non-Attendance Days
- Rescheduled Open House Date - Coming Soon...April 2022
Your Feedback Is Important!
Please take some time and take the 5Esssentials survey. Feedback will be used for future planning for our school improvement goals. We need your feedback.
The survey will be open through March 11.
Please help us by completing the Illinois 5Essentials Parent Survey. The information you provide will help guide improvement as we strive to inspire each student to realize their potential. Your participation in this survey is voluntary but crucial. We can’t receive results from the survey unless at least 20 percent of parents respond. The more responses parents provide, the more we will know how to focus our efforts toward the improvements you want. Therefore, we have set a goal to reach an 80 percent response rate. Please help us reach our goal by completing the survey.
· Go to: https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois to take the survey.
· Select “Parent Survey.”
· You may enter your email address if you would like to receive confirmation of your submission, but it is not required.
· Then enter “Cook” into the county field and “Hunting Ridge” to find our school.
You will then be asked a series of questions to provide input regarding your family’s experience here. Please remember to click “submit” once you are done so your responses can be counted.
Please know that your identity and responses will be kept confidential and will not be connected
with your child. If you have multiple children who attending Hunting Ridge, you may complete one survey for each child. However, only one parent per household may submit a survey for a given child. The survey closes on March 11, so please submit your responses soon!
Thank you in advance for your time and input. We appreciate you!
If you have any questions about the survey, please contact 5Essentials Customer Support at 1-866-440-1874 or email@example.com.
Arrival and Dismissal - Worth Repeating
For parents, we know arrival and dismissal can be a very trying time. We are here to help better define the system to allow for a safe, calm environment for our students. Adults supervising will be wearing safety vests so students can easily identify them.
Current Arrival and Dismissal Times Until Tuesday, February 22, 2022:
Students arrive between 8:30 - 8:40 AM; First bell rings at 8:40 AM; Students in class by 8:45 AM.
Morning kindergarten dismissal: M-Th, 11:20 AM; Friday, 10:55 AM
Afternoon kindergarten arrival: M-Th, 12:45 PM, Friday, 12:20 PM
Afternoon dismissal: M-Th: 3:25 PM, Friday, 2:35 PM
How can you help?
- Please use the car drop-off in the Mallard lot. Pull up to the white sign so that other cars can pull up and safely unload at one time.
- If using the drop off zone, please wait patiently until the car moves. The Mallard lot is right turn only to exit until 8:45 AM.
- If using the drop off zone, do not leave your vehicle. Have your child exit the car on the passenger side. All materials should be in the passenger compartment of your car. Your student should be able to grab all items independently. Otherwise, please park and walk your child to the blacktop area.
- When any bus is still in the parking lot, there should be no movement of any cars. Please remain in your parking spot until all buses have left the lot.
- Please do not park along Harvard for arrival and dismissal. Our drivers have let us know that cars parked here make it difficult for them to make safe turns into and out of our lot. This street is a no parking zone street.
- Please adhere to school zone regulations for phone usage and speed limits. School zone speed limit is 20 mph.
- Please do not bring pets on school property during arrival and dismissal time.
- Be kind to the crossing guard. She is here to help ensure a safe arrival for our students and parents.
From D15: Multilingual Parent Night
Parent Night for MPAC
The Multilingual Parent Advisory Committee (MPAC) will be hosting a virtual information session on Monday, February, 7, from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. The topic for the event will be “Understanding and Supporting Academic Language.”
February 3 or 17, 2022
Are you interested in enrolling your child in our Two-Way Spanish Dual Language Program? Join us for one of the information nights scheduled for February 3 or 17, 2022. (Noche Informativa de Lenguaja Dual en español)
February 18, 2022
- Kindergarten Two-Way Spanish Dual Language Applications open online. All families applying must also have completed Kindergarten registration with the district to be considered. Applications submitted after March 10, 2022 will be placed on a waiting list.
February 23, 2022
- Registration Webinar - LIVE - on D15 Facebook (in English)
District 15 will be holding Job Fairs on the following dates. Come apply onsite and Be a Part of Our Team!
Monday, March 7, 2022
Palatine Library, 700 N. North Court, Palatine, IL 60067
We are looking for the following positions:
Bus Drivers - no experience necessary; paid training; free benefits (employee only); pension; paid holidays
Substitute Teachers and Substitute Program Assistants - set your own schedule!
Full time Program Assistants
Office and Library Clericals