Sabrina's Coaching Corner
Keeping Scott teachers in the KNOW!
January 27, 2016
Happy 20th Week of School!
Please read the district & campus news below. As always, let me know if you have any questions or would like to meet.
Please make fraction manipulatives available for CBA 3. Take note if a student is relying heavily on the manipulatives for the fraction problems. Use this information to provide targeted instruction to help with the transition to solving fraction problems without manipulatives.
4th Grade Math PD:
A huge thank you to 4th grade for their participation in the Math PD last week! Jenny, Celeste, and Kristin were open to new learning and shared great ideas and strategies to use with their students. Misty and Jami were willing to be flexible with the schedule and take extra students to make it work. Thank you, 4th grade!!!
(The problems used during the "Operating Activity" have been loaded on Eduphoria under cluster 3 problem solving. Scroll down to the "adding and subtracting decimals" tab.)
MOY Literacy Assessments:
Assessment scores are due in Aware by this Friday, January 29th.
Professional Learning Webinars from Fountas and Pinnell:
If you would like additional information about LLI and/or teaching struggling readers, please use the links below to access learning webinars from Fountas and Pinnell. The first person to send me an email that says learning is fun will get a lunch or recess duty covered.
- The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention Orange System (Levels A-C) Overview Webinar 30 minutes
- The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention Green System (Levels A-J) Overview Webinar 30 minutes
- The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention Blue System (Levels C-N) Overview Webinar 30 minutes
- The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention Red System (Levels L-Q) Overview Webinar 30 minutes
- The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention Gold System (Levels O-T) Overview Webinar 30 minutes
- The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention Purple System (Levels R-W) Overview Webinar 30 minutes
- The Fountas & Pinnell Online Data Management System for Leveled Literacy Intervention Systems Walk-Through Webinar 40 minutes
DBQ Training Opportunity
Saturday, February 27, 2016
George W. Bush Presidential Library
9:00am to 3:00pm
Workshop Fee: $75.00
Please remember to cancel all subs scheduled for district PDs.