Weekly updates for our Collins families.
April 18, 2022
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the
Translate Newsletter button located in the black box or black circle to the right of your screen.
Para ver este boletín en un idioma diferente, haga clic en el botón
Traducir Boletín ubicado en el cuadro negro o circulo negro en la parte derecha de pantalla.
April 21: Pre-K/Kinder On-Campus Registration 9AM-5:30PM
April 23: DVISD Fine Arts Event
April 28: Math's a Big Deal Family Night 6-7PM
Welcome Newton Collins PTA!
Our 22-23 PTA Officers:
- President: Holly Hazlett
- VP of Membership: India Gallagher
- VP of Programs: Jessica Acebo
- Treasurer: Tessa Hathaway
- Secretary: Linda Liang
Pre-K and Kinder Registration for 22-23 School Year Event
On April 21st, we will be hosting an in-person registration event for 22-23 Pre-K and Kinder students. Families can register their student on site from 9AM-5:30PM at Collins on this day.
On campus registration will be available this day, AND parents can always register their student online at www.dvisd.net/welcome.
Prepare your child for a successful future with Del Valle ISD Pre-K and Kindergarten! New student registration for the 2022-23 School Year is now open. Visit http://dvisd.net/welcome for details.
The following information is needed to complete NEW Student Enrollment.
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License, Matricula, or Photo ID
- Proof of Immunization: Immunization Requirements
- Withdrawal form from the previous school district
- Last report card, test scores, unofficial transcript, special program documentation (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence: Current utility bill, current lease, current mortgage statement, Certificate of Residence
- Legal Documents: Educational Power of Attorney, Form 2085 (CPS/Foster Care), Guardian Custody, Court Documents (Divorce Decrees, Temporary Placements/Guardianship, Restraining Order, etc.)
- Documentation of Student Identity (Order a Texas Birth Certificate)
Kinder & 5th Grade Graduation
The dates for our graduations are:
5/23: Kindergarten Burklund and Dawson
5/24: Kindergarten Chamorro, Noboa, Poppe
5/25: 5th Grade
Newton Collins Specials Class: Art Class Update
If you are interested in volunteering on campus, please contact our parent liaison, Araceli.Mcbeth@dvisd.net
We are currently organizing parent volunteers to help with laminating, copying, bulletin boards, textbook inventory, preparing learning materials and supporting teacher preparation.
We also are seeking a few long-term volunteers who can help in our library 1x week. This role will require a training on our library systems.
Please email Araceli to coordinate times, dates and training.
Teacher Appreciation Week
If you would like to make a donation or contribute to this celebration, please contact Araceli.McBeth@dvisd.net
If you have ideas or would like to help, please reach out!
Collins Office & Roo Bucks Store https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1OUWMA816DOV?ref_=wl_share
Please make sure you have your student's car tag displayed in your dashboard at pickup. If you need an additional car tag, please visit our front office and present your ID to be issued a new one.
- If you are going to change how your child goes home, please communicate this with the front office by 2:00PM
- If you are going to pick your child up from school before dismissal, please pick them up no later than 2:30PM. To ensure the safety of our students and that everyone gets home, we will not pull students from classrooms after 2:30PM.
- Parents are prohibited from pulling a student off the bus at dismissal.
- Students will be released during the school day only to persons listed in Skyward.