October Tidbits #2
October 8, 2023
Parents Have Homework Too!!
Mr. Kent and the TCES family
1. Important: Please fill out Impact Aid form
Our schools are heavily impacted by federally connected students – those parents/guardians who work on federal property in Maryland, live on federal property in Maryland, and/or are active duty military personnel. Because of this impact, we receive federal grant funds to operate and maintain our schools and enrich school programs. To receive these funds, the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) requires us to survey each student to determine eligibility.
SMCPS is encouraging all parents/guardians to please take the time to access and complete the Impact Aid Survey Form online, located in the Home Access Center (HAC). Once logged in, directions to access the online form can be found HERE. A video with instructions is available HERE. The form can now be accessed in Spanish by clicking on the Globe in the top right-hand corner once the form has been started. The deadline for the online submission of Impact Aid Program Survey forms is November 14, 2023.
If you require any assistance with Home Access Center, please contact Ms. Suzanne VerHaagh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Virtual School Day and Parent Conferences
October 9th is a virtual school day. Students have assignments in Schoology classes. Students must log into and complete their assignments to be marked present.
Teachers have a few conference slots available. Please contact your child's teacher(s) via email to check for availibity.
3. Please Join Me in Welcoming Ms. Terri Buckler
Mrs. Buckler will be serving as a long term part time Instructional Resource Teacher here at Town Creek. You may see her at arrival and dismissal. She will be visiting classrooms and covering Mr. Kent's duties when he is out of the building. Ms. Buckler recently retired from SMCPS as the principal of Lettie Marshall Dent Elementary School. Thank you, and welcome to TCES Mrs. Buckler!
4. Fundraisers and PTO Events
Review the SY24 TCES Fundraisers and PTO events and mark your calendars so you don't miss any events. SY24 TCES fundraisers and PTO events .
All past volunteers and new volunteers must complete the volunteer application annually:.
October Calendar Events
Join us at TCES!!
- October 9th - Student Virtual Day and Parent Conferences.
- October 12th - TCES Spirit Night at MOD Pizza - Sponsored by the TCES PTO.
- October 16th - Fall Picture Day.
- October 17th - TCES PTO Board Meeting 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m..
- October 17th - TCES PTO General Meeting 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m..
- October 20th - Two hour early release day - Remember Pre-K attends schools on this day.
- October 27th - Two hour early release day - Remember Pre-K attends schools on this day.
- October 27th - TCES Fall Festival - Sponsored by the TCES PTO
- October 28th - SMCPS STEAM Festival - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds. Admission is free and open to the public. Wrap up the fall festival season with a day of learning, food trucks, and STEAM-related fun!