Welcome to Jamaica Man
Were located between latitudes of 17 and 19 N and longitudes 76 and 79 W. To be exact its located in Caribbean on an island in the Caribbean sea. Our climate type would be our beautiful tropical marine. Our weather varies from 80-90 degrees. We have beautiful landscapes such as mountains and rivers.
How to fit in
- Languages- English, and or Patois(Creole), a combination of English and some African American languages
- Folkways- 1) Showing up to church naked 2) No belching at the dinner table 3) If you open up an umbrella inside your house you will not marry 4) Thumbs up means good or yes
- Taboos- 1) Eating pork 2) Incest 3) Cannibalism
Digging deeper into culture
- Subcultures- Protestant, Roman Catholic
- Evidence of culture change- Jamaica was a Spanish colony from 1494 to 1655, Also a British colony from 1655 to 1962.