Central Elementary School
Parent Updates - Nov. 3, 2023
From: Principal Collins & Asst. Principal Huff
Greetings CES Families!
We have finished another successful week of teaching and learning. Teachers are teaching like their hair is on fire! Our expectations are to always be intentional with every child, every chance, and every day.
It takes a village to move the needle to excellence, so parents we need you. Parental involvement has a huge impact on a child's academic success. You can assist them at home by utilizing the tips from our Reading Coach and Math Coach. Please see the attached flyer below. If you have any questions or concerns, remember our doors are always open.
We have lots of dates to remember for this month, so please refer back to the weekly newsletters for reminders.
The vision is for all of us to build on our students' past to face the challenges of the future in an intentional environment supporting 100% of students everyday.
Nov. 9 - Progress Reports
Nov. 9 - United Way Student Drive @ TCTA
Nov. 10 - Veteran's Day (No School)
Nov. 13 -17 - Book Fair
Nov. 14 - Fire Drill w/ Fire Dpmt.
Nov. 15 - Thanksgiving Lunch
Nov. 20 - 24 - Thanksgiving Break (No School)
Dec. 2 - Joy Project Christmas Festival from 10-12 A.M.
Dec. 14 - Awards Program (Pre-K - 2nd @ 8:30 & 3rd-5th @ 9:05)
Central Elementary School has been named a "SoR Spotlight" School for the 2nd year in a row!!!
CES Core Values
Students will be recognized every month for perfect attendance. Make sure your child is an Attendance H.E.R.O. - Here, Everyday, Ready, On time!
If your child is absent two or more times a month, your child will be identified as chronically absent. You will then receive "Early Warning" attendance letters if your child has excessive absences (5+), which will lead to Early Warning Court. To prevent your family from going through this process, please ensure that your child is in school everyday and on time. Thank you for working with us to ensure your child has a successful year!
- ALL visitors must sign in through our Raptor system, if they are going beyond the lobby area.
- No doors will be propped open at any time, unless supervised for morning arrivals and afternoon dismissal.
- Please provide a picture ID when picking up your child.
- Students are not allowed to use their personal cell phones on campus.
- Students will practice safety drills throughout the year, which includes fire drills, lock down drills, and severe weather drills. Please have a conversation with your child about the importance of drills in order to ease anxiety and fear in them.
- Please continue to discuss the Code of Conduct Handbook with your child and promote positive behavior.
- Disruptive behaviors will not be allowed and will be handled according to the Tuscaloosa City Schools Code of Conduct Handbook.
- Report all bullying issues to the school counselor or use the link below.