Art in the 1800s
By: Cliff Harmon
- This art style that emerged in the 1800s represented the world as it is.
- The artist who made realism art wanted to improve the lives of people they painted
- Romanticism was an art movement where people rebelled against the Enlightenment emphasis on reason and progress.
- Impressionism was an artistic style that was birthed along with the camera.
- The style intended to capture the exact moment of when your eye sees something, the "impression" it has on you
- The artistic movement that came after Impressionism
- Post-Impressionism artists wants to do things that were not natural in Impressionism, such as geometric patterns and weird colors