1938, The Fateful Year
2. In the aftermath of Kristallnacht, also called the “Night of Broken Glass,” some 30,000 Jewish men were arrested and sent to Nazi concentration camps.
3. On October 5, 1938, Jews passports were invalidated, and those who needed a passport for emigration purposes were given one marked with a letter J.
4. A law required Jews who did not have a "typically Jewish name" to add one.
5. About 300,000 Jews emigrated before Hitlers "Final Solution"
2. January 27, the Soviet Army liberated Auschwitz
3. In April, troops from the US liberated survivors from the Buchenwald and Dachau concentration camps.
4. May 7, Germany surrendered and the war in Europe ends.
5. Nazis forced concentration camp inmates on death marches