Our SECURE Digital World
By Dimitris Nasiakos
There are many things you should be careful of. Some things are:
- Don't post anything personal e.g. address, age, phone number etc.
- Don't make friends with people online which you don't know.
- Think before you send a message or a picture. Messages and pictures never leave.
- Don't post pictures if your face until you are 18.
- Do not use your real name until you are 18.
- Do not make social media accounts e.g. Facebook, Instagram until you are allowed by age restrictions.
Pin Numbers are very important for us since every electronic device we have depends on our pin numbers. Pin numbers need to be complicated and include numbers, letters and symbols. Avoid pin numbers that can be identical to birthdates, names and any other personal info.
Encryption is electronic data converted in such a way that cannot be easily understood by anyone except authorized parties. This is called ciphertext.
Computer forensics is the application of investigation and analysis techniques to gather and preserve evidence from a particular computing device in a way that is suitable for presentation in a court of law.
Biometrics are automated methods of recognizing a person based on a physiological or behavioral characteristic. Among the features measured are face, fingerprints, hand geometry, handwriting, iris, retinal, vein, and voice. Biometric data are separate and distinct from personal information. Biometric templates cannot be reverse-engineered to recreate personal information and they cannot be stolen and used to access personal information.