Friday, November 15, 2013
Week in Review
This week was a busy week at BWI. We had a great Veterans Day Breakfast and program on Monday morning. Thank you to everyone who helped and attended the festivities. On Wednesday, some of our 5th grade students participated in the CPAs in the Classroom FETCH! Program. This program engaged the students in real life math situations. Finally, I was fortunate enough to attend the Ohio School Boards Association Capital Conference. It was an opportunity to learn a few things as well as reinforce that we are doing some great things here at BWI. We actually have a superintendent and principal from a district in eastern Ohio that will be visiting our school next week to observe how we do some things.
- Students will be bringing home information about the Little Caesers Pizza Kit fundraiser today. All profits go to students' individual accounts for their 6th Grade Mohican trip.
- Parent Pick-up: please wait until the car in front of you pulls forward as opposed to trying to pass parked cars. This is a safety issue. We dismiss students at 3:55 PM and the last car usually exits by 4:02 PM. Thank you for being patient.
- We will be conducting our ALICE safety drill next week. Your child should have brought home a letter explaining this system last Friday.
- ALICE informational meeting on Monday in the high school auditorium at 5 PM.
- PTO meeting on Wednesday at 6:30 PM in the BWI Library.
- State of the Schools on Thursday at 6:30 PM at Big Walnut Middle School.
- There is no school on November 27th - December 2nd.