Thelma Jones Elementary Week of Nov. 15th-Nov.19th
Greetings Shark Family!
Happy Monday! We are quickly approaching the holiday season and the end of the 1st semester. While we have had some challenges, it has been a great school year so far. We are so happy to get back to some of our normal routines and have events on campus. I want to thank all of our families who have been here with us for some of our latest events.
Please remember that we have our Academic Adventure Night this Thursday. We hope to see you.
- When entering the building for any reason, you must provide identification. You will also need identification when picking your student up from school.
- We will not call students after 3:15 as they are beginning to pack up and move to their dismissal spots. We ask that you be patient and allow us to get our students situated before we call your student.
- Students must be in their seats by 8:00 a.m. to prevent a tardy.
Toys for Tots collection is ongoing until November 29th
15th-19th-One Kind Word Week, see Ms. Keller's newsletter for more information
16th-Retakes only for fall pictures/Returning students first photo
17th-Special Thanksgiving lunch menu in the cafeteria
18th- Academic Adventure Night 5:30-7
1st-Toy Drive and Holiday Event 5 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Performing Arts Center
Come join us for a delicious Thanksgiving lunch in the cafeteria
Please let us know if you plan on attending by responding on the form below.
If it is a school-planned field trip, parents are always welcome. When attending field trips, we ask that you adhere to the guidelines and timelines presented in the field trip letter.
- Chaperones must pay by the payment deadline.
- Your payment for your student needs to be paid by the payment deadline.
- All chaperones must have an MISD background check. No exceptions, as our students' safety is our # 1 priority. I have included the link for you to do your background check. You don't have to wait until field trip time so please fill it out at your earliest convenience.
- Background checks must be done in advance. There is typically a 10-day wait for background checks.
- Parents are not allowed to show up to the field trip site and join the group. We are very particular about how we set up groups to ensure the safety of our students.
- You must have a school badge when attending field trips.
Volunteer Background Check link
Mrs. Keller's latest Newsletter-Please check it out!
Mansfield ISD wants to ensure the healing process continues and that students, staff and families are able to get the assistance they need to cope with a crisis any time of the day.
Remember that Mansfield ISD’s 24/7 Student Support service is always available. It provides assistance to students for various struggles during non-school hours. There’s even additional support through a free referral service to help those with mental health or substance use issues to get matched for treatment.
Another valuable resource is Cigna’s free community resource that provides support during times of high stress and anxiety. The company has a 24-hour toll-free helpline (1-866-912-1687) to connect people directly with qualified clinicians who can provide support and guidance.
Please monitor your feelings and emotions frequently and listen to your children as well to see if they are doing okay. We are in this together, and we want to ensure no one is walking through this difficult time alone. There are free resources and professionals standing by who can listen to you and help.
We are here for you and your (our babies). Please reach out if you need assistance.
Toys for Tots collection runs through November 29th-Please consider a donation today.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In an effort to make sure our systems and procedures are running as smoothly as possible, I am including a few reminders about our dismissal process.
- Please make all transportation changes by 3:00 p.m.
- If you are making a transportation change, please email the teacher. If you do not receive a confirmation response by 3:15 p.m. you may call the office. Please do not call the office first. Oftentimes the office staff is very busy with phone calls and other duties. Likewise, everyone has different work schedules so we are not fully staffed at dismissal. We do not want to miss delivering a message about transportation changes so please make every effort to make those changes through the teacher.
- No dismissal changes will be made by word of mouth. We must hear it from the parent.
- Please limit walking into the office to pick up your students during dismissal. Again, we have limited staff and they are busy calling buses and answering phones.
- Once students have started moving to their dismissal location, we will not call them to the office until the office staff has fulfilled their required duties.
- Please be kind to the TJE staff!
- Write your child's teacher a note in their take home folder, if there is a change in how they get home.
- For same day changes, please email your child's teacher as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply, then call the front office.
- No students dismissal schedule will be changed by word of mouth.
- Students need to be in class by 8:00 to be considered on time.
- Students must be picked up by 3:45.
- If your son/ daughter is in kindergarten or 1st grade, they must have an adult awaiting their arrival at the bus stop.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- FREE MEALS for ALL students will continue for the 2021-22 school year!
Every MISD student is eligible for one free breakfast meal and one free lunch meal every school day.
A la carte and extra meal items will still be available for purchase.
It is very important that families still complete the Free & Reduced Meal Applications this year if they feel they might qualify. Why? Qualifying families approved on the program receive other valuable benefits and services for their children. It is also important for district funding opportunities, like Title 1 and comp ed, that are dependent on economically disadvantaged student data. Here is a short video that explains more about it:
We are hiring! The Student Nutrition Department has several positions to fill across the district. If you know of parents, community members, family, and/or friends looking for a job, please share! Thank you for spreading the word!
Apply for free & reduced meals: https://www.schoolcafe.com/mansfieldisd
Meal Payment System
SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to add funds to student(s) lunch accounts, monitor student(s) account balance, view purchases, and payments, and set up low balance email alerts. Register for a SchoolCafé account.
Questions about your child's cafeteria account?
If you have questions regarding a student's cafeteria account (application status, purchase history, obtaining ID or PIN, enrollment, etc.), please be ready to provide all names, schools, and IDs along with your questions to Student Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-299-6040.
Student Central is a place where Mansfield ISD parents can find the resources they need for school.
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit
Covid Tiered System
Along with the list of health and safety protocols that have been in effect since the beginning of the school year, MISD has released a new COVID-19 advisory level system that provides guidance for implementing elevated mitigating strategies if percentages of active cases rise at a certain campus.
The advisory levels consist of green, yellow, and red tiers. Please view the COVID-19 advisory level system here. If the advisory level at a campus changes, the school principal will send out communication to parents and staff with further information.