Work Based Learning Application
Jackson County Schools
Any student who registers during the registration window or who is interested in Work Based Learning must complete the following steps:
1. Register for Work Based Learning at your designated registration appointment time or before by clicking on the Online Application link.
2. Deadline for Completed Applications is Friday, April 27, 2018 (Interviews will follow).
3.I will forward TWO teachers the WBL recommendation link once your application has been received.
Kubota Industrial Equipment and Wilco Printing share their viewpoints of participating in the WBL program.
Caleb Tyson, Weld Apprentice
"Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I will learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Drew Brooksher, Warehouse Intern
Requirements for Work Based Learning
- Complete the application process
- A student in grades 10th, 11th or 12th
- At least 16 years of age
- Have transportation to leave school and report to work
- On track for graduation and have a good academic record (will earn WBL Elective credit for each release period)
- Have good attendance, discipline and teacher recommendations
- Must have a defined career pathway and related CTAE coursework
Work Based Learning Contact Information
Work Based Learning/Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator
East Jackson Comprehensive High School
Jackson County Comprehensive High School