A VISION STATEMENT
By Maren O'Neill
What are the purposes of education?
- TO TEACH SKILLS AND STRATEGIES THAT WILL FOSTER SUCCESS
- TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR THE WORLD BEYOND SCHOOL
- TO CREATE CURIOUSITY AND CREATIVITY
- TO HELP STUDENTS REALIZE THEIR OWN POTENTIAL
- TO LEARN ABOUT THEIR COMMUNITY AND WORLD AROUND THEM
- TO BECOME CRITICAL THINKERS
What are the purposes for integrating technology?
- TO TEACH TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY SKILLS STUDENTS WILL NEED FOR SUCCESS IN THE CLASSROOM TODAY AND BEYOND
- TO ENHANCE AND TRANSFORM LEARNING
- TO MOTIVATE AND ENGAGE STUDENTS IN THE LEARNING PROCESS
- TO COLLABORATE WITH PEERS
- TO FIND A VARIETY OF RESOURCES AND INFORMATION ONLINE
- TO SHARE RESOURCES, INFORMATION, AND IDEAS
HOW WILL I PUT THESE PURPOSES INTO PRACTICE IN MY TEACHING AND/OR CLASSROOM?
HOW I WILL PUT THESE PURPOSES INTO PRACTICE by maoneill
THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION IS LIFELONG LEARNING!
TO HELP WITH MY CONSTANT PURSUIT OF INSPIRING STUDENTS TO BECOME LIFELONG LEARNERS, THERE NEEDS TO BE THE FOLLOWING, AMONG OTHER THINGS . . .
- BALANCE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL (USING PAPER, PENCIL, AND READING HARDCOPY BOOKS) AND PROGRESSIVE (COMMUNICATING, CREATING, AND SHARING THROUGH AN LMS, BLOGS, SCREENCASTS, ETC.) METHODS OF LEARNING
- FREQUENT REFLECTION ON BEST TEACHING PRACTICES AND TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION METHODS (TPACK OR SAMR FRAMEWORKS)
- CONTINUAL LEARNING AND GROWTH
- DEMONSTRATING JOY IN TEACHING AND LEARNING!
I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education (K-6) with a concentration in social studies (5-8) from Gustavus Adolphus College. I am pursuing my Masters of Education degree in Literacy Education and a K-12 Reading License at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. The above is my vision regarding education and technology integration. It may change and grow as more teaching experience and knowledge are gained!