Eagle Run in COLOR!
We loved being able to raise money for a CUI affiliated organization and seeing everyone covered in color.
We would love to hear more feedback about the Eagle Run in Color, so please email Jamie Rivera at ASCUI.President@cui.edu.
WASC Exit Report
Dear members of the Concordia community:
Congratulations! The WASC team's exit meeting took place at 9:00 am today, and their report was very positive. Team chair Jonathan Parker shared both the team's commendations to Concordia for things we've done particularly well, and their recommendations for further improvement that we will need to address in follow-up communications with WASC. We'll receive an official written team report detailing these items, plus additional suggestions for improvement, but here is a slightly paraphrased version of the oral report from this morning's meeting.
The team commended Concordia University Irvine for:
1. Taking the necessary steps to improve its financial results and the discipline to grow its cash reserves, while still investing in operating initiatives to grow and stabilize the university
2. Developing and successfully implementing a distinctive core curriculum.
3. Addressing all major concerns from the 2006 WASC Commission Action Letter related to assessment, and for creating a rigorous and meaningful culture of assessment.
4. Providing co-curricular services that embrace the university's mission to enhance and support students.
The team's recommendations for Concordia are that we:
1. Extend the time horizon of the university's financial model forecasting to 5-7 years, incorporating the effect of reaching the on-campus enrollment cap and the effect of the 2013 increase in our tuition discount rate.
2. Continue the improvement in the key financial ratios examined by the visiting team, particularly the Viability Ratio, the Primary Reserve Ratio, and the Physical Asset Reinvestment Ratio.
Neither of the two recommendations comes as a surprise; Concordia has taken a number of steps to address campus capacity issues, and we have made significant improvements in all three financial ratios during the last five years. Our leadership is focused on continuing the financial improvements of recent years as we move forward with new initiatives for both on-campus and distance education.
We're thrilled with the commendations as well, which demonstrate improvement and strength in all the key areas of the university's work and mission. It's important to remember that we still have work to do -- we need to continue and complete some of the projects we've undertaken in the last few years, and that we've promised WASC we would complete -- but for today, congratulations and thank you! On behalf of Concordia's leadership on both the Executive Council and the Educational Effectiveness Committee, we are deeply grateful for your commitment to making this WASC review and visit an excellent experience for all involved. God's blessings to all of you! Thank you!
Peter Senkbeil, Accreditation Liaison Officer
For more information about Concordia's WASC accreditation, please contact Dr. Peter Senkbeil, Associate Provost, at 949-214-3202 or email@example.com.
FINALS WEEK April 28- May 2
No Pencil, No Scrantron, No Problem!
Come get your FREE Number 2 Pencils, scantrons and coffee from ASCUI on Monday, April 28th from 6:30am to 9:30am and Tuesday, April 29th from 6:30am to 9:30am.
Meet ASCUI in front of the CU Center!
Associated Students of Concordia University Irvine (ASCUI)
Our Mission: The Associated Students of Concordia University Irvine (ASCUI), guided by the Great Commission of Jesus Christ, exists to express the student voice to the administration in the realms of student affairs, policies, and administrative decisions.
Core Value Statement: The Executive Board of ASCUI aims to serve the student body through advocacy to higher Administration. We will work interdependently with other departments on campus to holistically serve the students. With accountability, our goal is to develop wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens through all student leaders with dedication and integrity.