Galiean Moons of Jupiter
by Connor Dufur
Are named after the lovers of Zeus.
The voyager Spacecraft took images of all the moons in Jupiter.
In the moon Lo there is a lot of volcanoes there is even pictures of the volcanoes erupting.
- It is the largest moon in the solar system.
- Ganymede is about 4.5 billion years old about the same age of Jupiter.
- Ganymede has a core of metallic iron.
- Like Ganymede, Callisto has a rocky core which is covered by a thick layer of ice.
- Callisto has a very dark surface, which shows its great age.
- Callisto is the furthest of these four large moons from the planet Jupiter and is not influenced by the pull of the other moons’ gravity.