Central Elementary School PTO Weekly Newsletter: 10/31/2021
- Thursday, November 4th - General PTO meeting, 8:30am, Central Multipurpose Room
- Friday, November 5th - Red/White/Blue Patriotic Spirit Day
- Wednesday, November 17th - Science Fair
Guess The Teacher Halloween Photo Winners & Teacher Reveal
Be on the Look Out for Scholastic Gift Certificates
PTO Teacher and Staff Grants
As a result of the wonderful effort and financial support of our No Hassle Fund, Charleston Wraps and SpiritWear, the PTO is able to reinvest those funds into Central. We're excited to announce that the PTO will fund $3000 for teacher and staff grants for Trimester 1 of the 2021-2022 academic year. Grants are intended to cover items that the school and District would not normally cover. In year's past, PTO grants provided opportunities for the Central staff to incorporate extremely worthwhile and creative items into their classroom spaces.
PTO Grants are open to all teachers, specialists, staff members and Central employees. There are no limitations as to where the items are sourced, so teachers/staff are encouraged to explore educational specialty vendors, in addition to traditional "big box" companies.
Applications are due Friday, November 12th. The grant process includes reporting back to our membership what items were purchase and how they are used, so we'll showcase that in later editions of the newsletter.
Spring Spirit Wear Sale
Spirit Wear orders were given to students on October 22nd! If you didn’t get a chance to place an order, keep a look out for another Spirit Wear sale in the spring! Thank you to everyone that supported the PTO with a purchase! If you have any questions about your orders, please email Beth Brouwer at email@example.com.
PTO Bylaws Update Available
- Important changes include correcting the total number of elected board members
- Adding an Assistant Treasurer position
- Expanding the membership's protected classes and adding a civility clause
- Adding clarifications to position names and duties